Sunday, September 13, 2009

Maybelline Pulse Perfection Mascara

I am usually so cynical about any kind of gimmick used to sell makeup and when I started to see vibrating mascara wands entering the market, I thought, Oh No...that's never going to work!
However, in the name of experimentation, I thought I should at least try one to see if there was anything in these claims. Enter Maybelline Pulse Perfection Vibrating Mascara... I normally use either Loreal Voluminous or YSL Faux Cils for a night look when I need lots of volume and drama. I would use Loreal Telescopic for the daytime for a lengthened look...which I find looks cleaner (if you know what I mean??). I used the Maybelline one yesterday and I was so surprised and impressed by the results!!! The vibrating DOES actually make a difference and I can only put it down to the fact that it does the wiggling action that you would normally do with your hand, but it speeds it up and exaggerates the movement to create a really dramatic effect. Look at the pics below and you'll see what I mean...this mascara made my lashes scary long! My eyelashes are normally quite feeble but this mascara really elongated them (I applied two coats).
I would say that this mascara doesn't add a whole lot of volume i.e. it won't make your lashes look really thick. The formulation is really great too, it didn't smudge or flake off at all during the day and it was easy to remove at the end of the day.

I am quickly becoming obsessed with this gimmick that I was so cynical of in the first place and I went down to Boots and picked up a back up one already. I think this mascara will be perfect for my daytime makeup when I want a clean fresh look and I want my eyes to look really awake.

I have read a few posts on the Maybelline event alot of the other beauty bloggers went to and I think they all got this mascara to try so, let me know what you thought of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment