Monday, September 21, 2009

Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation

I wanted to do a review on this foundation that I sent by Illamasqua. I am so so fussy about my foundation and unless it's perfect then I just can't use it. I always think that if your skin looks good then chances are the rest of your makeup will look great too so it's important to get a good base.

Everyone has different priorities and preferences when it comes to foundation so I wanted to let you know what mine are so you have all the information whilst reading my review. I like my foundation to have medium/medium to high coverage, I prefer liquid formulas, I like it to feel light on my skin and last at least 8 or 9 hours. I also like my foundations to be oil free and non-transfer.

The Illamasqua website says this foundation will "Lock away your inhibitions and bring your confidence to the fore. Loved by professional make-up artists, Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation provides maximum, long-lasting coverage without feeling or looking heavy. It blends easily and hides problem areas perfectly. Create your canvas, then paint your work of art".

When I squirted the foundation out onto my finger (I always apply it with my fingers), I noticed how thick the formulation was. I mean it's thicker than Revlon Colourstay and that tends to be too thick for some people. When I applied it, I would say that it's slightly easier to blend than Revlon Colourstay though and it blended in pretty well. I did kinda feel that it was a bit heavy though but I think I used a little bit too much, a little goes a LONG way with this product! It creates a flawless finish and given that it's a maximum coverage product, you would expect that anyway. It gave so much coverage that I didn't have to use any concealer at all. The shade I was sent was a little bit too light in colour for me so it paled me out a bit. It did last the whole day (I would say a good 12 hours) and didn't need to be touched up at all.

I will warn you now that if you don't like the consistency of Revlon Colourstay or the likes of MAC Studio Fix then you will hate this. This product is for people who really want a whole lot of coverage for whatever reason. I can see why they say that makeup artists like this foundation as it would be perfect for a photoshoot or music video when you need someone's skin to be completely flawless for hours on end. I would say that it's much too heavy for daytime and the only time I would consider using it would be if I was going out dancing or something. I like foundation to give a slightly matte effect but this was opaque matte. I didn't hate the foundation but I didn't love it either. It just felt too heavy for me. We all know that the HG foundation would be one that gives enough coverage whilst feeling light as a feather. My search continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment