Thursday, September 10, 2009

Dr Organic Manuka Honey Cream

I was excited to receive this moisturising cream courtesy of Dr Organic. I had been reading Bubblegarm's posts on natural skincare and the fact that she had been using honey to repair her skin. As you will know, her honey trials were a raging success and reinforced the fact to me that natural remedies can sometimes give the most impressive results.

Now for the blurb...Dr Organic says that Manuka Honey has "a host of skin moisturising and repairing properties. It has a rejuvenating effect on dry and mature skin, helping diminish the appearance of fine lines; it restores the body's natural moisture levels, giving the skin a firmer, younger looking feel".

I have been using this as a night cream for the past week and a half and I really like it. I go through spells of having dry skin as I have mild Psoriasis which can be a real pain. So it's important to try and keep as much moisture in my skin as possible. This cream is quite thick so it's best suited for night time use in my opinion. I don't like applying heavy creams under my makeup in the daytime as it ends up sliding off! However, I love to slather my face in rich, luscious creams at nightime and this moisturiser is perfect. It smells of honey...funnily enough! It's divine though.

I have been waking up with soft, super smooth skin and my skintone looks alot more even, it really did feel like it had a healing effect. I had a couple of dry patches on my face and this cream sorted them out within two days. You only need a really small amount for your whole face so the jar would last ages. I love using natural and organic products, you feel like you're doing something really good for your body.

Have you guys tried any natural/organic products lately and if so, what did you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment