Thursday, September 17, 2009

Korres Wild Rose Concealer and Powder

I was sent the Korres Foundation, Concealer and Powder from the Wild Rose collection to try. I haven't tried the foundation yet (will be testing that out this weekend) but this is what I thought of the concealer and powder...Korres describes this concealer (£18.50) as providing "high coverage of eye area imperfections, such as dark circles, capillaries, blemishes and sunspots. Contains Wild Rose and vitamins C and E to add radiance, moisturize and provide antioxidant benefits". I am always searching for good under eye concealers as I have dark circles that are hereditory so no matter how much sleep I get, they are always there to some degree. I was sent the WRC2 shade.

This concealer pen has a small brush tip and you dispense the product by twisting the other end. I found that I didn't need alot of product as it's a lovely consistency that blends in really well. I would say it's a bit thicker than the likes of YSL Touche Eclat but it provides ALOT more coverage than that product! It's cheaper and a million times better than Touche Eclat in my opinion. I would totally agree that it concealed my dark circles extremely well and brightened the whole eye area.

It lasted all day long after I had set it with powder and my eyes still looked fresh when I got in from work in the evening. This product really impressed me and I love the fact that it feels so light, as no one wants cakey concealer under their eyes! This is one of the best concealers I have tried and it has better staying power than most (Benefit Erase Paste SOMETIMES feels like it has slid off a little by the end of the day). This concealer dried to the touch without feeling like it was drying out my skin. I would highly recommend this!

Next up is the Korres Wild Rose Powder in shade WRP3 (£19.50) which is described as a "velvety powder, enriched with a botanical blend for a soft, luminous finish. Wild Rose, a natural source of vitamin C, works to repair fine lines and brighten uneven skin tone". This powder is marketed as a brightening/flawless finish and I'm all about that so I was really looking forward to seeing the results.
The compact has a really nice design where the powder layer flips up to reveal a compartment for the sponge applicator. I'm not normally a fan of these kind of applicators but this one is nice and soft so I didn't mind it too much. I would probably prefer to apply it with a kabuki or powder brush though.

I applied the powder after my foundation and concealer with the sponge and I was really pleased with the result. The powder is really finely milled, silky smooth and mattified my face without looking too powdery. It doesn't give the same effect as MAC MSF Natural as that offers a more luminous, glowy effect. This powder is perfect for getting that matte flawless effect that I often crave when I am going out and want to avoid the shiny look. It set my makeup beautifully and looks really natural.
I am loving Korres makeup at the moment. I now wear their concealer, powder and bronzer and I can't fault any of them. I'm looking forward to testing their foundation as I am super fussy about foundations!
Have you tried any of these products yet and what did you think?























No comments:

Post a Comment