Saturday, September 19, 2009

Korres Wild Rose Foundation

As you know I was sent the Wild Rose Brightening Longlasting Foundation, Concealer and Powder to try out recently. I finally got a chance to use the foundation today and here's what I thought of it...

Korres describe this product as "a natural, antiaging foundation formulated with Wild Rose extract, a potent source of vitamin C. Wild Rose extract is clinically proven to repair fine lines and wrinkles and brighten uneven skintone. A micro-patch of natural polymers with regenerating properties provides long-lasting moisturization and is clinically proven to extend the wear of the foundation. This brand favorite contains an oil-free, dermatolically tested formula that imparts a natural swash of color and a smooth, velvety finish".I am really fussy when it comes to foundation as I am unlucky in the skintone department in that I naturally have really rosy cheeks so I need a foundation with good coverage to disguise it to an extent. I won't use a foundation with less than medium to full coverage as this is what I feel most comfortable using and it has always worked for me. I always get a bit nervous using a new foundation if I'm going out in case it turns out to be rubbish but I wasn't doing a whole lot today so thought it would be a perfect time to try it out. I was sent the WRF4 shade which luckily match my skintone pretty well when I have a slight tan (which I do today, thanks to Xen Tan!). It would probably be a little dark for my natural skintone though.

So first up, I thought that the foundation was easy to apply and blend, it's definitely a thinner consistency than my usual foundation, Revlon Colourstay which can be really thick at times. It blended into my skin seamlessly and created a nice even, velvety base for my makeup. I would say the coverage is medium as it didn't cover the redness in my face as much as I would like. However, the foundation did have a brightening effect, meaning that my skin looked dewy and radiant rather than caked in makeup. You can see this from the FOTD in my previous post. The foundation has lasted well through the day and I really like the illuminating effect it has. The fact that it contains so many skin loving ingredients makes it even better.I wouldn't say this is my HG foundation as I think I would only wear this on lazy weekend day when I'm shopping or something rather than wearing it on a night out when I need alot more coverage. So, in essence, this product is great for someone who has a relatively even skintone and usually wears a medium coverage foundation. I would really recommend this foundation if that's what you're looking for. I will continue to wear this to work etc but I will still be relying on Revlon Colorstay to give me the coverage I need for a big night out.

I'm hoping to buy some Bobbi Brown foundation next week and I need some advice on ones that offer good coverage (i.e. medium to high coverage). I have had a look at the Oil Free liquid one and the foundation stick but I'm unsure which one to go for. If you have used either, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment