Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ebay Purchases: Loreal & Maybelline

Hello lovely ladies!

I had mentioned in a previous post that I had won some pharmacy/drugstore makeup from Ebay for a ridiculously low price. Here are my goodies that arrived yesterday...

I got Loreal Colour Appeal Holographic eyeshadow in Astral Taupe (no.115), Loreal Colour Appeal Platinum eyeshdadows in Real Silver (no.150), Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Peach Satin (no.07) and Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds Lipgloss in Marquise Peach.
As you can see from the swatches, the eyeshadows are just amazing, SO pigmented and Real Silver has to be my favourite. I used to own it years ago and loved it then, but you know how it is, when you use something up, you forget how much you like it and forget to repurchase.

I have rediscovered my love for this eyeshadow after watching Lollipop26's YouTube vid about it. It's such an intense Silver and very reflective, if you like silver/metallic shadows, you will adore this! I am wearing it today with MAC Bare Study as a base and it hasn't creased at all, it still looks as perfect as when I first applied it, really smooth. I think the Astral Taupe would also be perfect to add a bit of depth to the silver shadow in the crease and outer corners. It would create an amazing metallic look!

This was my first Maybelline Dream Mousse product and I've heard people rave about them before. After swatching it, I wasn't blown away by the colour payoff from this shade and I expected it to be a bit more, well, peach. I will experiment with it over the next few days and see if I change my mind.

The big disappointment was the Maybelline lipgloss. I really didn't like the texture and it was actually difficult to get it to spread onto my lips and when I did finally get it on, the colour was really sheer and not at all what I expected. It's on the orange side and I just hated the consistency of it. I have tried Maybelline glosses before and remember quite liking them so maybe this is just a blip...

Let me know your opinions on these products and whether they work for you!

Also, I just wanted to quickly let you know that Scholl are running a competition in conjunction with OnOff during London Fashion Week. You may have seen alot of other bloggers posting about this in last few days but I thought I'd let you know in case you were unaware. Basically, they will be launching a fashion blog at the OnOff fashion shows giving a behind the scenes review of all shows/latest trends etc and they are looking for a blogger to go down to London and report back on all the shows, If you love fashion and fancy it, you can find out how to enter on the site http://www.partyfeetbloggirl.co.uk/. The competition ends this Sunday, September 13th. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment