Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Illamasqua Splurge

I decided to have a little Friday splurge last week and I had seen a few Illamasqua products that have been raved about and had caught my magpie eye.Here's what I thought of each product...
1) Thalia Powdered Metal - I had seen Belle Du Jour raving about this product a while ago. Anything that's multi purpose, creates a glow and is metallic - I'm there in a flash! This gorgeous glistening powder didn't disappoint me at all. It would be amazing on the cheekbones as a bronzey highlight or even used wet as an eyeshadow. It's so smooth to apply and has an amazing sheen to it. The packaging means it is a bit messy to work with and I kinda wish they had adopted the same packaging for this as they did for the pigments (which features a stopper in the lid...genius). 2) Static Pigment - I saw Tali's rave about this on YouTube and also her post on her blog. As she had said, it's really hard to pick up the gorgeous iridescence of this product on camera but I did my best. It has hints of lilac and pink and has so many facets when the light hits it...it could be dusted over another eyeshadow to create a unique effect or applied wet to the lid for an intense effect that changes colour as you move. I love this and can't wait to play with it! Illamasqua have come up with a really different product here and that's what defines the brand.
3) Sheer Lipgloss in Soul - I have wanted to try this lipgloss for ages ever since it was released in the Illamasqua Sirens collection. I finally got my hands on it and I really love the colour, which is a really nice sheer gold. This put together with the Korres Golden Bronze eyeshadow in my last post would be a match made in heaven! I did find the applicator gets a bit messy but I can forgive that for such a nice gloss. It's thick enough to stay put but not too sticky.
4) Sheer Lipgloss in Electrify - This gloss looks pretty bright in the tube but when applied it comes out as a really nice bubblegum pink with a slight metallic sheen to it. As before the formula is good and stays put for a reasonable amount of time. I tried it over YSL Rouge Volupte in Lingerie Pink and it looked so pretty!
5) Intense Lipgloss in Galactic - Now this is the one that has been a bit controversial in the blog world...I think you either love it or hate it to be honest. And I can say that I...LOVE IT! It looks really weird and scary in the tube coz let's be honest, it's like liquid foil. But when you apply it in a light layer over lipstick, it transforms the colour by giving it a metallic effect. I know it's not for everyone but I personally love this...it's what makes Illamasqua more daring than other makeup brands and you have to salute them for that. They should have named it Ga Ga after the lady herself coz it reminds me of her.
I plan on buying some more products come payday so keep your eyes peeled for that.
I have done a swatch below of the Electrify and Galactic glosses mixed together...see, not scary at all.
Have you tried any of these products?

No comments:

Post a Comment