Monday, September 7, 2009

Bare Minerals Faux Tan All Over Face Colour

Hi Girls!

As promised, here's a review of the Bare Minerals Faux Tan All Over Face Colour I bought last week from http://www.feelunique.com/. I got it for £13.60, which is pretty good and thats for a 0.85g jar. The website claims that the product "achieves all the glory of an island tan without facing a single ray of sunshine with this fabulously faux face color.Even the fairest of fair skins can enjoy a healthy, radiant, year-round tan as much as medium-complected skins with no stinging, no sun spots and no future sun-damaged skin to worry about. It brings a boost of Hawaiian tropics to those areas of the face the sun would naturally touch, like forehead, eyes, cheeks and the bridge of the nose".

When it arrived, I was surprised at how small the container was and at first, thought it wouldn't last very long. However, when you actually swatch the product, you can clearly see that it's very pigmented and a little goes a long long way. I bought this to use as a contour after reading rave reviews on Zoella's blog. If you wanted a really bronzed look for nightime though, you could apply it all over as the colour is really natural and the buildable colour would suit everyone. Just remember to use a very light hand as you really only need to tap a very small amount out. I used my Elf flat topped powder brush to be precise with my contouring and it worked wonderfully! You can see what the colour looked like in my last FOTD here http://liparazzi.blogspot.com/2009/09/fotd-using-urban-decay-get-baked.html. As you can see, I didn't use alot of it and it just gave me a really nice glow. I have been really impressed with the different way you can use this mineral powder, it's really finely milled and goes on like a dream. I would say it goes on relatively matte however if you look REALLY closely, you can see teeny tiny sparkles but they aren't noticeable on the skin in general (that's obviously what helps create the lovely glow). I know alot of people don't like sparkly bronzers/face powders...this is not like that, it's very subtle and wearable.

I am so glad I got this product as it's a great size for travelling and really perks up your complexion in an instant and I love the fact that you can make it as subtle or as intense as you like without looking like you have loads of makeup on. I will definitely be repurchasing this in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment