Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Bit of a Rant...

Hi guys,

Generally I am a very laid back, calm person but something that annoyed me lately was someone I know saying to me..."Why do you feel the NEED to wear makeup?...I mean, don't you find it boring spending all that time getting ready in the mornings and don't you think it's a bit vain?"

This kind of comment really bugs me. The fact that I also got an email from someone that said I was a poser after seeing my blog, because I post pictures of myself on there, this riled me even more. This was the main reason why I didn't want everyone I knew to be checking out my blog all the time, coz they just don't get what it's all about. I had told a select group of people about it coz I knew they wouldn't have a problem with it and they know me well enough to know that I'm not a poser and I don't "love myself". It's very hard to explain to someone who doesn't own or isn't interested in makeup. We all know the reason we post pictures of our makeup is to give other bloggers a heads up on what products look like when applied. I always find this is the most useful way of seeing how the product works as opposed to just swatching it. It's also akin to going shopping in town with your mates then emptying your bags out at the end to look through what evryone got...it's just fun and interesting!

It really upsets me that some people might look at my blog and assume I'm full of myself but then again maybe I shouldn't be so concerned with what other people think. Makeup is fun and to me, applying it in the morning or at any other time is rarely a chore. I enjoy playing with makeup and I like the way it can transform the way you look and give you confidence. It really does make people feel better about themselves and I don't see how that can be a bad thing.

Some people seem to have a problem with this and I'm not quite sure why? I love blogging about makeup and clothes and I'm not about to stop anytime soon just because someone thinks it's "sad" or that I'm superficial. I have to say that the girls I have got to know through these blogs are anything BUT superficial. They have been warm, welcoming and all around top girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment