Thursday, October 1, 2009

Loreal Double Extension Mascara

As you know, I picked up the Loreal Double Extension Mascara in Black, which is a double ended mascara, one end has the lash serum and cils booster and the other end is the mascara also containing the conditioning lash serum. I had heard good things about this from other bloggers and I am always on the hunt for a good mascara that will boost the length and volume of my lashes. I applied the serum (just one coat) and then applied two coats of the mascara whilst the serum/cils booster was still wet, as I find this has the best results. Here's what the mascara looks like once applied:
As you can see, it definitely adds alot of length to the lashes (not a whole lot of volume but then the product doesn't claim to add volume). I would say that the lash serum/cils booster is better than the Lancome Cils Booster I normally use (and it's alot cheaper to buy it alone or in this double ended mascara). The only thing you have to be careful of is not too apply too thick a layer on your lashes as this can lead to the dreaded spidery effect, which has happened a couple of times when I have been a bit over generous with the serum/cils booster. I like to not have to take much care in applying my mascara so it does bother me a little that I have to pay close attention to make sure I don't end up looking like I have tarantula lashes.
The mascara lasted really well throughout the day and didn't smudge or flake at all. I really hate it when mascaras tend to smudge at the outer corners of the eye (Loreal Voluminous can do this sometimes which bugs me because I really like everything else about it).

I have noticed the serum has a definite effect on the condition of your lashes, mine have become really soft after just three days use. I do like this mascara and it delivers on the lengthening front BUT I don't think it's my HG (holy grail) mascara. That title still goes to my YSL Faux Cils. I think this mascara is good and I may actually use the serum/cils booster with my YSL mascara to test how it works with that. The Loreal mascara is a reliable everyday product that won't end up halfway down your face, but it still doesn't make me go "wow". I want my lashes to be really long, glossy and full of volume and only YSL has managed to achieve that holy trinity.
So, in my opinion, this mascara is worth a look and the serum does what it's supposed to. However, if you're after volume, then this mascara won't do much in that department. In the near future I will be testing the Korres Volumising Mascara to see how this compares so keep your eyes peeled for that. I really want to try the Chanel Exceptionnel one after reading Bubblegarm's review and the Lancome Hypnose that everyone keeps raving about.

What's your current HG mascara???
UPDATE (2nd October 2009) - I tried the serum with YSL Faux Cils and they work better together...I had full on bambi lashes when I used this duo!

No comments:

Post a Comment