Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Frontcover Eye Spy Palette

Since I loved the last Frontcover Nudes palette I tried, I was excited to see this Eyespy one with loads of lovely shades to experiment with. Just look at this amazing encylopedia of eye makeup.... It looks just like a magazine cover which fits in with Frontcover's angle on fusing fashion with makeup. I LOVE that concept. The inside cover even has suggestions of different looks to try and tips on how to apply the products from Front Cover makeup artist, Leanne Shaw. This is great for anyone who wants to try something new or for people who aren't sure how to apply ceratin types of products. There's a couple of looks there I never would have thought of trying, like the double-eyeliner look so it's a really nice touch.
The whole palette contains a mixture of 15 domed baked iridescent and suede matt texture eyeshadows in Moon river, Parrot, Vanilla Ice, Powder puff, Burnt toast, Amber green, Black Ink, Lime sherbert, Moondance, Lagoon, Bluebell, Vintage violet, Bougainvillea, Tallulah pink & Taffeta blue. Underneath that are 5 pressed matt shades in Glacier, Stone wash, Gothic grape, Sledgehammer & Iron stone. Then there are 4 sparkling eye glitter gels in Ingot, Star sapphire, Silverdollar & Sweetpea. One really cool addition to the palette is a Shadowline solvent which turns all the shadows to liners! What a great idea! The multi-faceted shade, Tafetta Blue, would be AMAZING as an eyeliner! Lastly, the palette also has a nice soft double ended applicator which is actually very good quality. Often you find that applicators in palettes such as these tend to be a bit scratchy or sparse but this one feels very high quality. The palette has a RRP of £35.00 which I think is great value for money since you're getting so much in one palette...I mean, the colour combinations are endless! This would be a fantastic Christmas present for someone too.
Let's take a closer look at the domed eyeshadows, I love the look of Powder Puff, Burnt Toast and Tafetta Blue (which really does look like tafetta!)...
The suede matte eyeshadows would be great for creating a more subtle look for daytime and Gothic Grape would make a great alternative eyeliner shade...
The Shadowline is such a great idea. Something that did pop into my head when I saw it though was that when I decide I want to use another colour, I'm not sure how I'm going to clean it without watering down the formula. If anyone has any suggestions on this, please let me know! I wasn't so taken with the idea of the glitter liners as I am not really into the glitter look, I prefer shimmery products. However I will still give these a go...
And now for the domed eyeshadow swatches...

These eyeshadows are silky smooth to the touch and blend really well. Black Ink wasn't as pigmented as I would of hoped, however the rest of the colours made up for it. Vanilla Ice and Powder Puff are perfect base/highlighting colours, whilst I can't wait to experiment with Burnt Toast and Lagoon! There's pretty much every colour you would need here and you can create new ones by blending a couple of them together. Amber Green is a very unusual khaki green that would be interesting to contour on top of Powder Puff.
Vintage Violet and Moon River also look amazing! And now for the suede matt eyeshadow swatches...
Gothic Grape, Sledgehammer and Iron Stone don't show up on camera as having the strongest pigmentation but they work alot better as liners than powder shadow. Glacier and Stonewash are lovely smooth shades that would work great together.

As I said previously, the glitter liners don't really do it for me as sometimes it can look cheap but I will persevere, what with the festive season rearing it's head. Please don't be offended by the fact that I am dismissing glitter liners if you're a big glitter fan, they just aren't my bag. Each to their own and all that!
I wanted to do a swatch of Gothic Grape, using the Shadowline just to demonstrate how it works so much better as a liner than as a shadow. I think that it's more wearable for me in this form too as dark purple shades just make my eyes look so sleepy.
So overall, I am really impressed with this palette, both for it's design and colour combinations. I don't know what it is about having all those different shades in one palette but it makes me want to experiment with new colours. I'm like a kid with a new toy! Right, I'm off to try out that double liner look...
n.b. - If you only want to check out the Shadowline product (which is genius!) then you can buy one here http://www.frontcovercosmetics.com/shadowline.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment