Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Jemma Kidd Creme Cheek Colour

After seeing the ever beautiful Tali (The Gloss Goss) raving over this product, I ended up gettin it from Lookfantastic.com. I'm such a sucker for the products she has on her blog coz our tastes are so simliar, despite the fact that we have different colouring.

This product is described as a "unique and lightweight creme to powder texture, long-wear with added vitamin A, C and E". Now as you know, I'm not the biggest blush wearer as I have naturally rosy cheeks. I spent my teenage years covering it up with heavy foundations but now I don't mind it so much. Also, as I use gradual tanners regularly, it tends to cancel out the redness anyway. I have however started applying pale pink or pale peach blushes to ensure my face doesn't end up looking too 'flat' after applying foundation. I think you should always try and add dimension to your face by contouring and using products like blush to add a bit of interest and colour. It also makes you look healthier.
As you can see, this shade which is called Paw Paw (how cute!) is the perfect peach colour to give you a healthy glow. As Tali had said, it photographs slightly differently but basically it's not too pink or orange (believ me, I'm fussy about peach colours!). The texture of it is just dreamy, it's silky smooth, velvety and SO light. On first touch it's like a soft cream then when applied it melts onto the skin to form a super fine powder (but it never ever looks powdery). I am not a fan of creame blushes in general as they tend to create too much shine, or they end up rubbing off your foundation/powder.
However, this creme blush is so easy to use and apply, I loved it as soon as I touched it. You can either apply it with your fingers or a sponge. It can be used alone or under a powder blush as a base to make sure the colour lasts all day. You get a great little guide with this product explaining how you can use it, for anyone who is just starting out with makeup and needs a bit of advice. I think that's great as not everyone has experience with makeup application and for those of you who are new to blush, it's a nice touch.
I absolutely love this product and would recommend it to anyone who wants a subtle natural glow to the cheeks. The packaging is compact and practical. I will definitely be checking out the rest of the Jemma Kidd Makeup School range - after reading Holly's (The Yummy Mummy's Beauty Blog) post on the double-ended lipstick/primer in the shade called Wendy, I really want to give that a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment