Monday, October 19, 2009

October Favourites

I wanted to share with you, some of the products I have been absolutely LOVING this month... 1) Aussie Luscious Long Shampoo & Conditioner - this stuff makes my hair feel absolutely gorgeous, it always seems to revitalise the colour and gives my hair so much shine. When I style my hair, it just falls into place effortlessly. It does all this without weighing my fine hair down or making it static...perfection at an affordable price!

2) Kerastase Reflection Chroma Riche Intensive Mask - this treatment is a life saver! I used it on Friday night and left it on for about 10 minutes while I pottered around. Once I rinsed it out, my hair was tangle free immediately. It gives you hair such a boost in terms of shine and condition, it's just amazing and definitely the best hair mask I've ever used. My hair felt and looked amazing on Friday night. Love it! I want to repurchase the shampoo and conditioner from this range as it's also amazing. I like to rotate what shampoo/conditioner I use as my hair seems to become immune to things if I use them everyday for a prolonged amount of time.

3) John Frieda Weather Works Frizz-Ease Weather-Proofing Style Sealant Creme - wow, that's some title! I often change my styling products around regularly and this one has been sorely neglected over the last few months. I had forgotten how good it was! I often find myself trying so many different things that sometimes I don't appreciate just how good certain products are. I apply two pumps of this to my hair when it's damp, comb through and then just dry it straight with my hairdryer and round bristle brush. It smoothes my hair like a dream, makes it super shiny and it feels so light so there's no sticky feeling left on my hair. It also means I don't need to use straighteners on my hair!
1) Korres Blush in Pink - I have been using this gorgeous blush all week and I love the healthy glow it gives my cheeks. You only have to apply this very lightly as it's very pigmented!It is a matte formulation so there's no shimmery bits in it which is ideal for daytime when you want a more natural look. It lasts all day and I never have to reapply it. The powder is silky smooth and blends so easily.

2) Bobbi Brown Longwear Gel Liner in Graphite Shimmer - I absolutely adore this stuff (you can probably tell by the dirty great big hole I've made in it!). I have pretty much been using it continuously since I bought it. It's the perfect daytime liner as it's just that bit softer than black, which sometimes can be a bit harsh. It's just the right consistency which makes it a cinch to apply quickly and neatly. I actually use a small smudge brush to apply it along my upper lashline and this liner lasts ALL day, with no smudging or bleeding into the waterline. It has just the right amount of shimmer and it stays put so there's no shimmer fallout. There's a reason why these liners have won awards and they've definitely won me over. I'm going back for every colour I can get my hands on!

3) Korres Shimmering Eyeshadow in Bronze - I can't rave enough about this eyeshadow colour - it's mega pigmented, lush to apply, smooth and silky...just a pleasure to use. I love creating bronzed eyes and this is the perfect shade to add a bit of intensity in the outer corners and crease. It looks amazing against blue or green eyes. It's shimmery without being glittery and just plain gorgeous.

4) Korres Shimmering Eyeshadow in White - as I have said before, this eyeshadow isn't white, it's a very pale silver and it's absolutely perfect as a base for a smokey/platinum eye. It has all the same amazing properties as the Bronze shade I have described above. I used it in my latest FOTD and you can see how lovely it is. It's such an easy colour to wear and it really is my go to shade when I want to create a glamourous smokey look. Team it with MAC Print and Carbon e/s to deepen and contour...so easy to do and so striking.

5) ELF Mineral eyeshadow in Natural - I picked this up after seeing Lollipop26 rave about it on YouTube. I wasn't disappointed! This eyeshadow is the most gorgeous goldy beige that can act as a base colour for so many looks. You can't go wrong with a neutral colour like this. It looks amazing when used with the Korres Bronze e/s. It's fantastic value for money and gives the most beautiful sheen to your eyelids whenever they catch the light.

6) Rouge Bunny Rouge Big Lash Amplitude Mascara in Pure Obsidian (Black) - This is my FAVOURITE mascara at the moment. It's the one I always grab in the morning because I can rely on it to give amazing volume, length, intense colour and staying power for my lashes. It has quite a fat brush but it's by no means too bulky and it still alows you to get all the little lashes. It never ever flakes, clumps or smudges and it makes my lashes look almost fake. You can just keep layering it for more and more drama. This is a serious contender to push YSL Faux Cils off the top spot! I will report back on whether it dries out prematurely like Faux Cils does but I doubt it as the formulation seems slightly thinner. I love the packaging of these products and I would say this is a star buy! If you haven't tried anything from this brand, then I would highly recommend you try this mascara. It's pricey at £24 but SO worth it because it's better than 10 of my other mascaras put together.

What are your October favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment