Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Make Up/Hair Crush: Whitney Port

My favourite 'character' from The Hills was always Lauren Conrad but I also liked the understated style of Whitney Port too. I think everyone cringed a bit for her when she fell down those stairs while modelling on US morning tv! eek! She always looks fresh faced and very natural. I really love this look she was sporting for Vegas magazine, it's so fresh and light, predominantly nude and apricot tones and I really love the way they have styled her hair to look beachy and completely effortless. It was Lauren Conrad's makeup artist, Amy Nadine, that did her makeup for this shoot and she listed some of the products she used on her blog (Stila All-Over Shimmer in no.7 all over the eye, On the Edge Liquid Liner in Nefertini by Mark cosmetics which is a unique steely copper shade, Nars blush in Luster and Cle de Peau Touche de Rouge lipstick in 103 which I believe is part of the Shisheido family). I love finding out what products have been used in photo shoots! It makes you feel like you can recreate the look for yourself (albeit with a less than model face, in my case.ha ha)

I think this makeup look is the epitome of less is more. It just eccentuates what is there rather than covering anything up. How gorgeous does she look in this photo...


Who has been your makeup/hair crush lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment