Monday, October 5, 2009

Neutrogena Visibly Clear Oil Free Moisturiser

Since I'm a HUGE fan of the Neutrogena Visibly Clear Face 2 in 1 Wash/Mask, I decided to pick up the Oil Free moisturiser from the same range a few days ago. Like all women, I struggle at "that time of the month" to keep my skin clear due to all those pesky hormonal changes. If I get a breakout of spots, I always try to apply the lightest moisturiser possible, since applying a heavy/oily one just clogs your pores and inevitably make the spots worse.

It's described as a "creamy lotion with extracts of Aloe and Cammomile with soothing effects and moisturisation to protect skin against dryness. An oil-free formula containing ingredients that work through the day without clogging pores".

I've also found that this moisturiser is great at stopping my face from getting too shiny throughout the day. I never have to reapply powder when I use product as it lightly moisturises the face but keeps it matte at the same time. It gives you a lovely fresh, almost menthol feeling to the skin just after applying it. I love the formula because it's in no way drying (I have combination skin i.e. majority of my face can get dry but my T-zone gets shiny). For £3.36, I think this is a great product to prevent spots as it's working all day long. It contains Salicylic Acid too, which is brilliant for treating acne/spots. Some products that contains this can be drying but this product has the perfect balance.

Skincare is always down to the individual as it depends what skin type you have and different things work for different people. It's really a case of trial and error and luckily in this instance, I've found something that really works for me.

I've also heard that aspirin face masks are AMAZING at sorting out really bad breakouts. I'm lucky enough to have never suffered a really bad breakout before. There's loads of vids on YouTube about this but basically, you get a small bowl, crush up four or five asprin, put a little warm water in, mix it into a thick paste and put it on the affected areas for about 15 minutes. This is supposed to take away any redness and by the nexy day, the spots will have gone down alot. There are some amazing before and after shots for this on You Tube. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment