Saturday, October 10, 2009

Korres Guava Lipstick and Cherry Lipgloss

I have wanted to try the Korres lipsticks and lip glosses for ages since I already love their bronzer, concealer, powder and eyeshadows. Pictured below are the Guava Lipstick in Nude no.34, Cherry Lipgloss in Light Pink no.11 and Beige Pink no.32.

The website describes the lipstick as "Extended-wear lipstick with intense colour and a smooth, moisturising texture. With Guava extract, rich source of vitamin C, that offers antioxidant protection".
The website describes the lipglosses as "Sheer high shine colour lip gloss. Cherry oil hydrates the lips while vitamins E and C offer antioxidant protection".
The Guava lipstick was a bit of a disappointment as I expected the nude to be more, well, nude! It has brown undertones to it and is far too dark for me. I really wish Korres would release some more wearable colours as they all look too dark on me. Saying this, the lipstick felt like it had good staying power and it also felt moisturising. So overall, formula is a thumbs up but colour is a thumbs down.
I would say the light pink gloss is more of a sheer pale peachy pink (very similar to L'Occitane Rose Petal lipgloss but not as pigmented). It's a pretty colour to add a bit of gloss over a pink or nude lipstick. This light pink gloss doesn't have any shimmer in it at all. The glosses are a nice texture and consistency, not too sticky and they have good staying power. I wasn't blown away by the light pink colour as I already have a couple of glosses that are similar, however the Beige Pink is definitely my fave! The shimmer particles in it are very fine so you don't get the gritty feel on your lips, it feels really moisturising. I love the colour as it's the perfect combination of nude and pink. If you're a fan of lipglosses then this is definitely one to check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment