Sunday, October 4, 2009

FOTD & review of MUFE concealer/Nars Albatross

I went to a BBQ/Party on Saturday and this is what look I went for...

Face: Loreal Studio Resurfacing Primer, Revlon Colourstay Foundation in True Beige, MUFE Full Cover Extreme Camouflage Concealer in no.8 (Beige), MAC MSF Natural in Medium, Korres Monoi Oil Bronzer in Sunglow all over, Bare Escentuals Faux Tan to contour, Nars Albatross Highlighting Powder on cheekbones.Eyes: MAC Paint Pot in Painterly, 17 eyeshadow in Ivory Coast on browbone, Korres Eyeshadow in White all over lid and in tearduct (it is really a pale silver), MAC Print on outer edges of lid and in crease, MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack along top lashline, MAC Carbon to soften eyeliner and tidy up, Loreal Lash Serum/Cils booster, Maybelline Pulse Perfection Mascara.Lips: YSL Rouge Volupte in Lingerie Pink, Illamasqua Sheer Gloss in Electrify.

I have found my HG undereye concealer...and it's all thanks to the MUFE Full Cover concealer. They're not joking when they say it's extreme camouflage! This stuff is amazing and you'll see from the pics above that it has completely hidden the darkness I normally get under my eyes. I am SO impressed by this product and it totally lives up to all the hype I've heard. I'm so glad I bought this and I can tell it will last for ages as you only need a tiny bit. At first, I thought the colour might be a bit dark as usually I would go a shade lighter than my skintone for an undereye concealer. However, it matched my skintone perfectly and completely camouflaged the area. I think the key with this concealer is getting the right shade for you and I've been lucky enough to strike it lucky from checking swatches on sites like Temptalia and the sephora website. The consistency of this concealer is very thick and as I said before, a little goes a long way. It's also waterproof and although it's thick, it didn't look at all cakey when applied and blended. It lasted all day and didn't budge at all. I absolutely love this stuff and I'm so so happy I finally found something which met my expectations and then some!
I also tried Nars Albatross highlighting powder which has been on my lust list since...well, forever. I have been meaning to try this infamous highlighter for years and the fact that it's taken me this long to get it is just ridiculous. I've heard so much about it and seen countless dupes but this stuff is just amazing for creating a candlelit glow. I adore this product and love the subtle effect it gives, it leaves your skin looking glowy and luminous and I don't know how I got by without it now. It's one of those products that will never fail to look gorgeous. It's obviously finely milled and it's a gorgeous pale yellow colour to give that unique effect it's famous for. I can't rave about this enough, it's subtle and oh so pretty. It's the queen of all highlighters in my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment