Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Estee Lauder Pure Colour Crystal Lipstick

I used to think of Estee Lauder as an older woman's brand, I guess just because of the way it's marketed and packaged etc. Their packaging is generally never edgy or cool, I just normally gave it a miss. I have used quite a few of their products in the past like Double Wear foundation, Disappear concealer etc and I have always been impressed by the quality.

Recently I was watching a vid on YouTube by Sam from Pixiwoo about the new Estee Lauder Sumptuous Colour Mascaras and something Sam said about the brand made me think...she had said that the reason you can rely on the quality of Estee Lauder is BECAUSE it's main target market is older women and studies show they are more likely to complain if they think the product isn't up to scratch. They also generally have more money to spend so they expect more from cosmetics. This spurred me on to go and have a look at the Estee Lauder website and see what they had to offer at the moment. I've heard alot of good things about their Double Wear Cream Eyeshadows and their lipsticks. On this occasion, after splurging on other stuff, I decided to just get a lipstick - Pure Colour Crystal Lipstick in Tiramisu.
As you can see from the swatch, it's a gorgeous slightly sheer peachy/pinky gold nude colour and as you would expect the quality is brilliant. It's super smooth to apply, feels very moisturising, stays on for a reasonable amount of time and it has a lovely sheen/gloss to it too. This shade is so wearable and I think it would suit a wide variety of skintones. This makes it ideal as a daytime lipstick, which in my mind is always something that isn't too 'in your face'. This lipstick is fruit scented (fig, apparently) so if you don't like scented lipsticks, that may annoy you, but it really doesn't bother me at all. I love this lipstick!
So I guess what I'm trying to say is that although Estee Lauder isn't a cutting edge brand in the way of package design and advertising, their products are very high quality. Although their products are aimed at a different market from the likes of MAC, it doesn't mean that you should dismiss what they have to offer. You can see from the website that they do use alot of cutting edge technology in some of their products such as their mascaras and their Sumptuous mascara is supposed to be fantastic. I have added the Pure Colour Lipstick in Vanilla Truffle to my lust list after reading Hele's post on it ages ago. I have also added the Sumptuous mascara to my list.
So, do you own any fantastic Estee Lauder products and if not, have you got any on your list list?

No comments:

Post a Comment