Thursday, October 29, 2009

New Shoes & Accessories

We had the opening of our new shopping centre in Aberdeen yesterday called 'Union Square' and there was much excitement over the new shops that would be available (I was particularly interested in Zara). I decided to get off work early and check it out. Looking back...probably not the best idea as I was met with this site... Needless to say, I turned on my heels and headed over to the other shopping centres instead! I hate stressful shopping environments and I like to be able to browse at my own leisure, try on clothes and generally enjoy it. I looked at those crowds and queues and to be honest, it just wasn't worth the hassle.

So off I toddled to the other side of town and it was the best idea I could have had because all the other centres were deserted so I could shop to my heart's delight with no one standing on my toes, pushing me and jabbing thier elbows into me...hurrah! Here's what I bought...
I love any kind of enclosed gladiator shoes mainly because you can get away with a really high heel and they're still comfortable! These brown leather ones complete with trendy stud detail are by Steve Madden.
Yes, I have a thing about studs at the moment, I just love embellisments of all kinds. You can never go wrong with black shoes and these eyelet and stud patent ones are also by Steve Madden.
I love how a belt can totally update an existing dress in your wardrobe and this one really caught my eye, it has an elasticated section at the back with a little clasp and it's from Warehouse.
I spotted the bag above in Warehouse and noticed it was only £20! It's metallic pewter colour with gorgeous detail. It has a heavy braided metal and fabric strap that can also be tucked inside the bag to create a clutch bag.
I also got a pair of super dark straight leg jeans and a black mini lantern skirt both from Topshop but these probably wouldn't show up that well on camera. Overall I was really proud of myself as I really didn't spend that much given that most of the stuff I bought was on sale. It's not often I come back from a shopping trip WITHOUT a slight tinge of spender's guilt.
Have you bought any lovely items recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment