Monday, October 12, 2009

Good Times/Bad Times

GOOD TIMES -

1) I have been doing VERY well this week with the healthy eating/exercise regime (I lost 1lb last week but that may be due to the fact that I was ill!I only went to the gym twice so I'm thinking it must have been that). I have been to the gym 5 times in the past week (1 hour cardio each visit) and have been eating 3 square meals a day with fruit as snacks. I don't believe in diets coz a balanced diet and exercise is alot better for you and easier to stick to. I didn't drink any alcohol this weekend so I'm hoping that will also boost the weightloss! I am sitting at a grand total weightloss of 2 stone, 5lbs since February so it's been a gradual process. Wish me luck!

2) I have really been enjoying using my Nars Sheer Glow foundation and Nars Albatross highlighter...my skin looks luminous without looking shiny or greasy. I know alot of people found Sheer Glow too heavy but to me, it's the perfect consistency and alot lighter than Revlon Colourstay which I was used to. Foundation will always be something where everyone has different opinions and preferences though.

3) My lust list is finally getting to a manageable size...at one time there were over 100 items on my list! That's just crazy. I went over the list and deleted anything that was similar or almost identical to perfectly good products I already had. Also, I deleted any items that I felt like I had already found my HG product in that category (why is it that, even though you own a product that you swear is your HG...you still look out for the next one just in case it's even better???). For example, I keep buying mascaras, but I already love YSL Faux Cils! I need to start shopping my own collection and be happy with what I have. After all, it's about quality, not quantity!

BAD TIMES -
1) I've noticed that in the past week, I have been getting little wispy hairs at the roots of my hair. They look suspiciously like breakage!They aren't THAT noticeable but it still annoys me. I have been so strict with my intensive masks and not using heated appliances etc, I'm surprised my hair has decided to start misbehaving!
2) My Psoriasis has been playing up a wee bit...it's that time of year though. Whenever the weather turns cold, my skin gets a bit dry so it just means I have to slather on a richer moisturiser. For anyone who maybe doesn't know what Psoriasis is, it's basically a skin condition that's in the same family as eczema. Like eczema, it's not contagious as some people seem to believe! It's when the body produced too many skin cells and you get patches of very dry skin. I'm extremely lucky that mine is very mild now and I don't get much bother from it anymore. However, I did go through a really bad breakout of it when I was younger due to stress and it can be really awful, it can cause a big drop in self confidence. If anyone is suffering from it and wants some advice, feel free to ask me any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment