Friday, July 1, 2011

Haul & New Sleek Palette


Looking at these stone peep-toe platform shoes, you would expect them to be from Dune or Reiss or French Connection.  BUT I got them for a teeny £25 in the Dorothy Perkins sale!  What a bargain!


I absolutely adore the twisted knot detail at the front and the quality of the shoe makes it seem so much more expensive than it actually is.  The shoe has unusual canvas-style material on the upper and a buckle fastening.



Although the heel is high (4.5 inches), but the platform makes it easier to walk and they are surprisingly comfortable.  They will pretty much go with anything as well...you can't go wrong with nude-coloured shoes! Excuse the polish-free toe nails in the next pic!


During a quick trip into New Look to meander through their sale items, I noticed a couple of things that would be perfect for summer and particularly for my holiday in August.  The first thing I spotted was this pretty little turquoise floral floaty skirt...


The front has a flat waist band and the skirt comes a couple of inches above the knee.   I love the colour and the cute print... 


The back of the skirt has an elasticated ruched waistband which makes it extremely comfortable and also, the flat waistband at the front means that it sits flat against your body without creating any weird lines in your silhouette.  The best thing? It only cost £7 in the sale!  You can still get it online here but I have to say it looks a lot better in real life than on the site.


The second I got was only because I saw a girl wearing it and also buying another one at the till.  I hunted this breton-style top down and to my delight, it was only £6.  I would normally avoid horizontal stripes like the plague but since this top was empire line with a belt, I thought I would give it a go.


I tried it on and immediately fell in love because the wide neckline, nipped in belted waist, capped sleeves and general overall shape are just so flattering.  The back of the top goes into a V-shape which is also a lovely detail... 


I couldn't see this top on the New Look website but if you have a look in your local store, you might get lucky and find one.


When I was browsing in the treasure trove of delights that is Accessorize, I found this gorgeous oversized ring for £15.  I never used to like big, decorative rings I'm starting to really like statement rings now.  This one will make a perfect addition to my outfit on Saturday night.


Accessorize had so many cute rings that it took me ages to choose which one to buy.  I could spend hours in that shop!


I also wanted to quickly go over Sleek's new eye shadow palette called 'Oh So Special'.  Sleek's palettes always garner a lot of coverage on blogs so no doubt you will have seen this one already.


I love the mixture of pinks, peaches, mixture of cool and warm browns, gunmetal grey and black.  This makes for a very wearable collection of shades and ones that can be combined to create a very fresh, summery look.





My favourite shades have to be the most metallic ones like Organza, Gift Basket, Glitz and Gateau.  I must say that the matte shades, particularly the cool browns and black have great pigmentation.  The black shade actually has crazy pigmentation!  It would be the perfect matte black to soften eye liner and make it appear more intense.

All in all, probably my favourite of the Sleek eye shadow palettes so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment