Friday, July 22, 2011

Capirossi confident of fitness

Loris Capirossi Pramac Ducati 2011 German Grand Prix

Loris Capirossi is confident that his fitness is now at the level that will allow him to return to MotoGP in time for this weekend’s United States Grand Prix.

The Pramac Ducati rider dislocated his right shoulder during qualifying for the Dutch TT and missed both the Assen race and the following event at Mugello as a result.

He made his comeback in Germany last weekend, but struggled for fitness and stood down from riding duties after the opening free practice session as Sylvain Guintoli took over for the remainder of the weekend.

Now, however, the 38-year-old Italian is set to complete the whole weekend at the physically demanding Laguna Seca circuit, which he admits will be a big challenge.

“This time I’m really returning to the track,” said Capirossi. “As I said before the Sachsenring weekend, the [Ducati] Desmosedici is mine, and seeing another rider on it bothered me a lot.

“I’m not in top form, but I’ve worked over the past few days to be in decent physical condition. The track is very tough, which isn’t ideal for my condition, but I’ll give 110 per cent to be able to finish the race. I’m expecting a very challenging weekend.”

Capirossi, who has won nine times in grand prix racing’s premier class, has not finished higher than ninth this year and lies 16th in the riders’ championship.

MOTOGP news – AUTOSPORT.com

Jeff Alessi Mike Alessi Thomas Allier Hוkan Andersson Victor Arbekov

No comments:

Post a Comment