Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Oulton BSB: ?The team wanted me to slow down!? ? Hill

19/07/2011
‘Which bit of slow down do you not understand?’

By David Miller
Image by Double Red

Swan Yamaha’s Tommy Hill wasn’t going to be stopped from taking the first-race win at Oulton Park by his on-track rivals and certainly not by his team, setting the fastest lap of the race as conditions at Oulton Park worsened on his way to the podium’s top step.

Hill grabbed the lead just before half distance but a safety car dragged the pack back together. As it went in, the Lingfield man got the hammer down and pulled away from Josh Brookes and Shane Byrne but his squad in the pitlane were trying to tell him to throttle off.

“I just pushed on in the race; it was never going to be easy but it feels great to have the Swan Yamaha back on the top step of the podium. The conditions weren’t the best with the rain but I just had to keep my concentration and just make sure I didn’t crash,” said Hill.

“I think the team probably wanted me to slow down but I just didn’t want to lose that win! I knew I could get into a good rhythm and I was taking a few risks to stay ahead of the others, especially after the safety car but it was enough to break them.”

Bike Sport News RSS Feed

Billy Liles Ove Lundell Sten Lundin Jeremy Lusk Billy MacKenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment