Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Willie Mays Love Letter Is Interesting


Way back in the 1950's, baseball star Willie Mays was a pretty big deal and during that period of time, he was in a relationship with a girlfriend named Gladys Cofield who was a former beauty queen.

Below is a letter that was recently auctioned off that Willie sent to her and dare I say, I think we need to see the picture that he is talking about:


Willie Mays
New York Giants
Polo Grounds N.Y.

Hello Baby,

I sorry I haven't wrote for a while. Gee the picture was a fine one. I like it very much. I think your love is the really thing now. But at first I did think you could love me after the way you did me the first time I saw u.

All the boys saw the sweet picture & gee all like it just as much as I did. I think we would have a really good time when I come there if you just be good to me. I think you know the date we be there. [Illegible] you don't know it May (6.)

I know you think I don't love you because I don't write much. You see I don't like to write much so it take me a little while to ans. (Smile)

I wont you to sent me you phone # because it was on the picture & left it a home. I going to call you the day I get there. We might get there on the 5.

I know this is not much but you can ans this letter.

With All My Love
To Gladys

Willie Mays


(Courtesy of Deadspin)

No comments:

Post a Comment