Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Review of Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator

Phew! I'm back from my trip to Ireland and have been engulfed in the business since I got back.  The count down is on now for the business launch and as promised, I will keep you guys informed.  I will be posting on it in the next couple of weeks.  I also have a holiday clothes post planned for the next couple of days so stay tuned.

I'm sorry it's taken so long to post a review of this product but I really wanted to give it a few weeks before I could give an accurate and honest review.  Now you all know that I follow a meticulous skin regime and I'm always obsessed with improving or just maintaining the condition of my skin.  Although my skin overall is pretty good, I did have some discolouration and blemish scars when I started using this serum.


Here's the blurb from the Estee Lauder website:

"The first fast-acting Serum from Estée Lauder Research proven to significantly reduce the look of uneven skintone:
blotchiness
blemish marks
dark spots
discolourations

Instantly, skin looks fresh and radiant.  Skin looks noticeably clearer, brighter and more even-toned. Dark spots appear reduced.  This intensive, yet gentle oil-free serum features powerful technologies to address the look of every key sign of uneven skintone:

Triple-Optic Technology provides skin with a brighter, more luminous look from the very first application. 

CorrectTone Technology reduces the appearance of uneven skintone, while anti-oxidants help prevent its re-appearance. 

Imagine skin so incredibly clear, even-toned and radiant, you have nothing to hide. Proven gentle and effective for all ethnicities".

And here are the before and after pictures focusing on all areas of my mug!





So after 4 weeks of applying the serum religiously every morning and night before my usual moisturiser, what were my thoughts? 
Well for starters, this serum is opalescent in appearance and contains brightening particles to instantly improve the radiance of your skin on application.  It's very light in consistency and absorbs with absolutely no oily residue so it can definitely be worn under make up without disturbing it.  I had blemish scars mainly on my forehead and around my mouth/chin area.  I felt like after the 4 weeks and judging by the before and after pics, these scars had faded considerably and the overall uniformity of colour in my face had improved.  This is definitely a good product for people looking to refine their skin texture and appearance.  Even though my skin is generally pretty good, this product just took it a step further and helped to prepare my skin for summer.  I will be a lot more confident about wearing lighter coverage products on holiday because my skin looks really good.

Any product that gives me more confidence in my skin is a thumbs up for me but just remember that you have to use this serum for 4 weeks + to see real results and it doesn't come cheap.  Don't expect miracles in a week or so because serums are generally products that have to be applied every day and for an extended period of time.  I would only recommend this serum if you have concerns about blemish scars, discolouration or rough skin texture.  I say this because there are loads of really good, wash-off illuminating products that produce instant results so if a lack of radiance is your only bug bear then these may be more appropriate for you.  I am going to continue to use this product because I'm loving my brighter, more even and smooth skin!

You can buy the Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skin Illuminator from the Estee website or from counters nationwide (30ml is £46 and 50ml is £62).



No comments:

Post a Comment