Wednesday, July 20, 2011

MotoGP Laguna: Crutchlow searching for front-end confidence

20/07/2011
Crutchlow says he has some ideas to fix his nervous front end

By David Miller
Image by Impact Images

Monster Yamaha’s Cal Crutchlow will go to this weekend’s Laguna Seca MotoGP round still on the hunt for a solution to the nervous front end of his satellite YZR-M1 in which he has precious little confidence.

The former World Supersport Champion has revealed both he and team-mate Colin Edwards have trouble with handlebars that move on their own but says he and the team will be working double time in order to fix it.

?The result last weekend in Germany was a bit disappointing but I’m ready to bounce back in Laguna Seca and fight for a top ten where I know I should be. I’m still searching for some more confidence in the front-end, but all of us in the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team are working non-stop to improve the situation and we’ve got a few ideas to try at Laguna,” said Crutchlow.

“It is another new track for me but I’m really excited. Laguna Seca is such a famous name and the Corkscrew looks amazing. It looks awesome on TV, so I’m looking forward to getting on the bike on Friday and experiencing it for myself for the first time.�

“I’ll have to ask Colin for some tips, but I’m just concentrating on getting a decent result that we can build on for the rest of the season. The last few races have been quite difficult but I’ll be working harder than ever this weekend to put things right.”

Bike Sport News RSS Feed

Mark Jones Ake Jonsson Julien Bill Pierre Karsmakers Vladimir Kavinov

No comments:

Post a Comment