Tuesday, July 5, 2011

FOTN, Dune Sandals & Clarins Tinted Moisturiser

I had a great night out on Saturday for my brother's girlfriend's birthday and I certainly paid for that on Sunday morning.  I had all the good intention of going to a Zumba class on Sunday at 1pm but that turned out to be an epic fail! Jumping around after a big night out on the town is never a good idea.  I also meant to take proper FOTD photos for the makeup I wore but, as I was in such a rush, I totally forgot! However, I do have some snaps from the night which give you an idea of what the make up looked like.  I used the new Sleek Oh So Special palette and I love the cool browns in there!


I just used my Tony & Guy wide barrel tongs to create loose waves in my hair and whacked in a couple of hair extension wefts to give it a bit of body.

Here's the low-down on the products I used:

Face 

Revlon Skinlights Face Illuminator in Bronze (as a base) 
Estee Lauder Double Wear (Fresco and Shell Beige mixed together)
Mac Studio Finish Concealer (under eyes)
Estee Lauder Maximum Cover Foundation in Medium (on blemishes etc)
Mac Prep & Prime powder
Clarins Mosaique Bronzing Powder
Sleek Contour Kit in Light
Benefit Coralista
Mac MSF in Soft & Gentle


Eyes

Mac Omega e/s (to fill in brows)
Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow/Liner in RSVP (as a base)
Sleek Oh So Special Palette:
Bow (on browbone)
Organza (all over lid)
Gift Basket (in crease and drawn out)
Celebrate (to intensify crease colour and also on outer third of lower lashline)
Estee Lauder Double Wear Liquid Eye Liner in Black (along top lashline)
Noir (to soften eyeliner)
Ardell 110 Lashes
Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Mascara


Lips

Estee Lauder Double Wear Lip Liner in Pink (lined and filled in lips)
Daniel Sandler Micro Bubble Lipstick in Flamingo

Nails

Models Own polish in Hot Pink

I have been drooling over all the shoes on the Dune site recently and the fact that a lot of them were reduced by up to 60% was just too much for my will power to bear.  I have wanted a pair of snakeskin-style sandals for ages now because they fall into the neutral spectrum and can be paired with a lot of different colours.


These ones called Gracie S and were reduced from £90.00 to £45.00...how could I say no?! I ordered them on Thursday and they arrived on Monday morning.  When I tore off the lid of the box, I couldn't be happier with them!  The snakeskin straps are made from flexible, non-chaffing material for extra comfort.  The light taupe heel and platform are made from a gorgeous soft suede and finish off the shoe beautifully!


Although the heel is 12cm (4.5 inches), the platform levels out your foot that bit more and makes walking a lot easier.  I would never wear shoes that I couldn't walk in because there's nothing more cringe-worthy than girls wobbling around in ridiculously sky-high heels.  I have noticed in the past few months that the heel heights have become crazy-high and I am totally clueless as to how some girls walk in them.  Anything above 4.5 inches is a no-no to me.  Maybe some girls can handle more heel height but that my maximum!


Since these shoes are so pretty and the suede has to be carefully cared for, I am going to wait for a special occasion to wear them.  I have a wedding coming up so I may keep them for that.  I am thrilled with them though.  The only point to make is that Dune shoes can be very narrow in the toe region so if you have wide feet, they may not be for you.


You guys know I am a devotee to my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation but I wanted to try out a good tinted moisturiser for those (rare) days when you feel like you could go lighter in coverage.  I especially wanted to find a good one for my holiday to Greece in August.  The one I have been wearing is Clarins HydraQuench Tinted Moisturiser in 02 Beige.


Described as "hydrating and radiance boosting day creams, with a subtle powder and rose fragrance, that glide effortlessly onto the skin to deliver an incredibly natural, healthy looking glow, with just a hint of sheer colour.  The secret to this perfect balance between skin hydration and colour is super hydrating Vitamin E and Katafray bark, which quench thirsty skin and 100% mineral pigments which boost radiance and provide a healthy glow.".

Here are some of the other benefits:

Time-release hydrations delivers velvety soft skin
Helps minimise fine lines and imperfections
Provides UV protection (SPF6) and anti-pollution filters
Dermatologist tested and non-comogenic


This tinted moisturiser is quite thick in consistency and you only need a small amount to cover your whole face.  I would never normally just wear a product like this as it wouldn't offer me enough coverage.  However on the days when I want to let my skin breathe a bit more, a product like this is perfect.  Admittedly, I couldn't rely on this to cover any blemishes but a touch of concealer sorts that out in a jiffy.  The SPF wouldn't be suitable for a holiday so I would have to apply my Clinique Super City Block underneath for extra protection.  It's not cheap at £27 for 50ml but this compares quite well with other popular tinted moisturisers like the Laura Mercier one.


The texture of this product is very light without any greasy feeling on the skin.  It actually sets to a silky, smooth finish on the skin.  It's completely undetectable on the skin, even with close inspection and it imparts a lovely radiance with a hint of colour.  I had to apply a light layer of translucent powder as my T-zone was a bit shiny for my liking.  The fragrance is very light, fresh and summery.  It felt extremely moisturising so it basically does what it says on the tin.  I wouldn't say it would be great for paler-skinned ladies though as the colour range is geared more towards light/medium-dark skin tones.  All in all, I really like this product and I will be wearing it on the days when I feel comfortable about pairing down my make up and going a bit more natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment