Sunday, June 12, 2011

Successful qualifying for Lorenzo and Spies

Saturday?s qualifying session for the Silverstone GP came to a successful conclusion for both Jorge Lorenzo and Ben Spies. The second day of the British round of the 2011 World Championship was graced with sunshine, allowing the riders to finalise a good dry set up. The Yamaha Factory Racing riders were quick from the start in the morning?s final free practice session, wrapping it up with Spies in third and Lorenzo in fourth.

Qualifying followed in the afternoon, both riders again enjoying a dry track as they evaluated tyres for Sunday?s race should it be dry. At one point Lorenzo and Spies were threatening to deliver a double Yamaha front row; finally settling at the end of the session for a front row third and second row fourth respectively in a mirror of their Barcelona start positions.

Jorge Lorenzo:
?I am very happy because tomorrow we will start from the first row and today we got a lot closer to the Hondas. I rode at a very high level today and I?m ready and focused for the race. I will do my best to make a good start tomorrow and fight for the front. At this moment our weapon is consistency. You try many things some days and some days you find a solution like today. I don?t know if it is enough to fight for victory but we will give our best. I?m very proud of my crew, they really worked hard to deliver a great package for qualifying!?

Ben Spies:
?It was a good day today, we made some improvements to the bike and then tried some different tyres to evaluate and see if they are going to be race tyres for tomorrow if it?s dry. Qualifying went well, when we tried to nail our fast lap we didn?t quite get it all in there, I left out a couple of tenths but they wouldn?t have moved me further up anyway, just a bit closer to Jorge. I gave it my maximum and we?re starting in a good position so we need to get a good start and of course see what the weather is going to do!?

MotoGP RSS on motogp.com – The Official MotoGP Website

Stefan Everts Jaroslav Falta Claudio Federici Tim Ferry Ashley Fiolek

No comments:

Post a Comment