Thursday, June 30, 2011

Back to business in Sweden for Honda

amb goncalvesbrobryshev 5856 220x146 Back to business in Sweden for Honda

Following a short break, the MX1 World Championship swings back into action in Uddevalla, Sweden this weekend (2-3 July) for the 8th round of what is developing into a fascinating championship season. The Grand Prix of Sweden marks the middle round of the championship and provides an opportunity to look back at the first half of the season and take stock of how things have un-folded so far.

For both Bobryshev and Gon�alves, new to the official Honda squad in 2011, a top-five positioning in the overall standings was the priority target. The secondary objective was to achieve podium positions and to fight for race wins and overall GP victories on a consistent basis. With the season only seven GP?s old, both team riders are well on their way to meeting these goals.

Bobryshev has already stepped onto the podium on two occasions, with fantastic displays in Glen Helen and Agueda. He also currently sits in 5th place in the overall standings. Although Gon�alves has yet to taste the glory of the podium, he has impressed with several strong race results. His best also coming in Agueda and Glen Helen, where he scored a 3rd and 4th place moto finish respectively. He currently sits 7th in the overall standings but is well within touch of a target top-five positioning.

Udevalla is favoured territory for Bobryshev and Gon�alves, who have both gone well there in past seasons. Its technical, stony layout seems to suit the style of both CRF450R pilots and the enthusiastic Swedish crowd helps give an added boost to all.

On the Friday before the GP weekend commences, both Bobryshev and Gon�alves will be on-hand to offer expert advice and riding tuition to young racers as part of the Honda Xtreme Academy Training Camp, held at a nearby Blixas track. The Xtreme Academy is designed to equip the next generation of riders with the skills and knowledge to com pete at the highest level of the sport.

We also offer you a video preview of the Grand Prix. The video contains an interview with Team Manager Lorenzo Resta, who offers a technical perspective, while riders Evgeny Bobryshev and Rui Gon�alves give their own personal views of the track. The video also contains footage from last year?s event, where Antonio Cairoli took the overall.

Please click on the video link to view on You Tube, where you can also find the embed code should you wish to place it within your own website.

Evgeny Bobryshev, Honda World Motocross
?Uddevalla is a strong track for me, one of my favourites! I rode well there last year, despite a few problems. My bike is very strong and has good power this season. I think if I can get a holeshot then I can run at the front. This season has started really strongly for me, I try always to be at the top. I didn?t really set myself a target at the start and wanted to take it race by race but to be top-five in the championship at half-way is where I want to be.?

Rui Gon�alves, Honda World Motocross
?Uddevalla is a great track and again I have good memories of it from the past. I won the GP there in 2009 when I was fighting for the MX2 championship. The crowd there is really special, and they all climb the hill to watch the race, which makes for a special atmosphere. The first half of the season has gone well but I still feel I have a lot to achieve. I have done a lot of hard work getting used to a new team and to a new bike; having to change my style a bit to get the best out of it. I feel comfortable with the package and in the second half of the season, I want to push for more good results.?

Lorenzo Resta, Team Manager, Honda World Motocross
?For sure I cannot be disappointed with how the first half of the season has gone. Everyone has been improving steadily throughout, both riders and team members, and it is really important to keep working this way. We did have a blip in Spain at the last round but we are now moving into a run of tracks that is perhaps better suited to our riders and we will be looking for strong results. At the start of the season our target was to have one rider in the top-five and we are close to having this with two riders. This is very positive!?

No related posts.

Moto

Nicolas Aubin Rene Baeten David Bailey John Banks Mark Barnett

No comments:

Post a Comment