Friday, June 24, 2011

Rapid Solicitors-Bathams Ducati Challenged In Scotland

Press Release:

The Rapid Solicitors-Bathams Ducati team had a challenging fifth round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Knockhill at the weekend.

In the opening race of Michael Rutter was forced to retire with a technical problem despite an impressive performance in qualifying that saw him start from the front row of the grid whilst Martin Jessopp struggled with set up in the changing conditions and was disappointed to have crashed out of race one. In the second race Rutter was able to score points for his championship challenge with a top ten finish in ninth whilst Jessopp was able to make further improvements to the Rapid Solicitors-Bathams Ducati to finish twelfth.

In the Metzeler National Superstock 1000 Championship race Michael Booth qualified in twelfth position but on the opening lap was involved in a crash at turn one with several other riders. He was unhurt and was able to restart the race after a frantic wave of activity to fix the Rapid Solicitors-Bathams Ducati in the garage by the whole team. Booth started from the back of the grid but climbed his way up the order to finish just outside the top ten in eleventh.

Rutter said:

“To be honest I am disappointed with the weekend as after our performance there last year we were hoping for a good result, especially after a front row start in qualifying for race one. We had some small problems, but it has been a busy couple of weeks for the team combining the BSB rounds with some of the road races. We scored points which is the main thing for the championship but we need to get some better results at the new Snetterton 300 circuit in a fortnight as we need to get into that top six before the Showdown.”


Jessopp said:

“We messed up qualifying as I thought I had done enough and then by the time I switched to the intermediate tyres it was too late so I had to start from 25th for race one. The conditions then changed and as we hadn?t had any real track time we struggled with the electronics being too aggressive. I was annoyed to have crashed but it wasn?t a big one and I just slid a long way; it was more annoying than anything. In race two I didn?t get a good start and that just made it more difficult for me as I just had to fight back. We scored some good points but we need to push on again at Snetterton to get back up the order.”


Booth said:

“It was a bit of a funny weekend for me really; qualifying went ok but in the race I got caught up in crash at the first turn and I got taken down. We were able to get the Rapid Solicitors-Bathams Ducati back to the pits and the whole team, including Michael and Martin helped to get me back out there so I needed to thank everyone for doing such a mint job. There was some damage and mud everywhere so although we just missed making it out of the pitlane in time to join the grid in our qualifying position I was happy to have made it at all. I had to start from the back of the grid and to come through to finish eleventh was a result for me as I definitely didn?t expect it. I think the fact that we were able to just miss out on the top ten despite the bike still suffering some damage and starting from the back shows that we have the pace looking ahead to Snetterton.”



For more information visit www.rapid-solicitors.co.uk


The Latest Motorcycle News

Jeff Smith Marty Smith Steve Stackable Jeff Stanton Rex Staten

No comments:

Post a Comment