Friday, June 24, 2011

Sleek, Lancome, Clinique & A New Career!

I won't go on too much about the new Sleek Monaco eyeshadow palette because it's been featured on so many blogs already.  If by some miracle, you haven't seen the palette yet, then here it is....




My favourite shades have to be Lotus Flower and Hummingbird because they will make the prettiest iridescent wash of colour on the eyes.  I was a bit disappointed by some of the matte shades as they fell short on the pigmentation side of things BUT to be quite honest with you, for £7.00...even if only 5 of the colours are good then it's worth getting.  I just did a wash of the Lotus Flower on my lids with a bit of MAC Satin Taupe in the crease and a flick of black liquid eyeliner....


Together with my fave bright pink lipstick, Daniel Sandler Micro Bubble Lipstick in Flamingo, it makes a nice change from neutrals.  The lilac Lotus Flower shade really brightens your eyes and your overall complexion.  Love it!


One product that has been my absolute favourite this week is the Lancome Artliner (I'm wearing that in the pic above too).  This has to be THE easiest eyeliner to use in my collection.  If you have always struggled with liquid eyeliner, then this is definitely the product for you!  It has a fine felt tip applicator that ensures minimal drag and less mistakes.  It doesn't flare out like a brush would so you can draw an exact line without wobbling around everywhere.  It makes the application process so much quicker.  I know some people have complained that this liquid liner is slightly reflective instead of being matte black BUT the way around that is to apply a matte black eye shadow over the top with an angled brush.  That will soften the line and also ensure the liner stays put all day.  This Lancome liquid eyeliner also doesn't transfer to my lower waterline which is a major plus because that is a real bug bear of mine.  Just remember you have to shake it before you use it to ensure the felt tip applicator has soaked up enough product.  

You can get this Lancome Artliner here from eChemist for £19.37 including delivery.


My favourite brush of the week has been this Clinique Bronzer/Blending Brush.  It's the perfect application tool for a wash of bronzer all over the face.  It has the perfect density to create a very natural and flawless bronzed look to the skin.


At first I thought it might be too big but it's actually perfect for distributing the product evenly on the face and neck.  It also works really well as a blending brush for the cheeks if you have accidentally gone overboard with your contour powder or blush.  It also has unique anti-bacterial technology to stop nasty build up on your brush that causes blemishes over time.  It's priced at £20.50 but I think it's worth investing in good make up brushes if you want them to last and keep their quality and shape.


I have been using this Andrew Barton The Ultimate Blonde Twice A Week Brightening Shampoo for the past couple of weeks and I love how it brightens my highlighted hair and removes any residue of other products.  It was only £4.00 for a 400ml bottle at ASDA and they are also doing a 2 for £6 deal on the range at the moment.  It's a silver coloured shampoo which also helps to cancel out brasiness in blonde hair.  Here's the product blurb:

"This gentle but effective hair cleanser gives blondes a "spring clean" feeling every time you use it. Wave cheerio to all product residue and modern living pollution and release the blonde inside!

•Sunflower seed - Helps maintain colour
•White Willow - Gentle cleansers combined with effective moisturisers to help smooth and soften hair.
•Silk - Will help boost moisture".

It has made a real difference to the colour of my hair, it makes it feel lightweight and volumised and it has stopped my colour from fading as fast.  Something all blondes have to contend with!
And on a completely different note, I just wanted to apologise if I haven't been as active on my blog as I used to be.  Basically, for the past few months, I have been setting up my own business (together with my mum) as Wedding Planners! We will be covering the North-East of Scotland and will be offering packages like full planning, on-the-day management, pre-wedding pamper parties, destination weddings and design concepts.  I am so excited about this new direction and I have been working so hard to get everything in place.  It's a huge undertaking and there's still a lot of work to do but I'm loving every single second of it.  I feel like I have really found my vocation in life and it combines all the things I love like being creative, meeting new people and being involved in the business side of things.  Our office has just been built which is a gorgeous pastel green/blue cabin...


I will show you guys some pictures of the lovely interior once we get that finalised in the next couple of weeks.

I won't be advertising via my blog as I want to keep the two things completely separate.  However, I will be starting up a blog which will run through our new business website featuring all the lovely wedding stuff you would expect, including a hair and beauty section for brides.  I cannot tell you guys how happy I am doing this! SO exciting!

Oh and on a random note, I didn't like this song at first but now I love it! Strange video though...

No comments:

Post a Comment