Sunday, June 26, 2011

Bill to start on pole

Pellicari team rider Julien Bill got pole-position for tomorrow’s FIM MX3 World Championship round of Senkvice, Slovakia. The Swiss and French UFO-Racing team rider Milko Potisek were actually the only ones breaking into the same second such was the pace carried by the Honda mounted riders. Bill started the day with only the eighth time on the first free-practice session but got to grips with the track right on the second outing climbing to 2nd position. Potisek was fastest on the first session showing why Senkvice is his favourite track. They weren’t alone though; Fusion-Racing team rider Michael Staufer and Antii Pyrhonen were right behind, third and fourth respectively, and will get the chance to verify if they can go along with the first two on tomorrow’s race. R.S.C. Italia Corse Orion RS Petrol team rider Martin Michek, who was first on the second free-practice, showed how a strong candidate to the podium he can be as the fast tracks are also of his preference. Julien Bill: “Today was good, I had a good feeling on my bike and I was feeling good. The only bad point for me is that the track is too fast and very easy, there’s only one line so it’s going to be really difficult to pass, so I’m just not happy about the preparation of the track but it will be the same for everybody. It’s fun to ride but it’s fast and flat with no lines so everybody is doing the same on the track. I hope to have a good start tomorrow, we changed some stuff on the bike, let’s see how it goes.” Milko Potisek: “I really feel good on this track; it’s my favourite. I’ll try and give my best on the race and have fun at the same to keep the crowd happy; it’s part of what we do here.” Michael Staufer: “I live in Vienna, Austria, which is very close to here so I feel like this could be my ‘home’ round as it is the closest I can get. I already did four races here and for this track my KTM is just perfect. The track can be too fast at times but I like it this way, it’s like many others in Slovakia and Czech Republic. I’m pretty happy with my third place in qualifying; beating the local guys (laughs) because I know them and how hard they fight when in their home country.” Antii Pyrhonen:”The racing tomorrow will be so tough with so many little stones projected to the arms; I really need to be at the front tomorrow if I don’t want to get that. It’s going to be very demanding if I’m behind them because everybody goes so fast here so the differences become very small because of that.” Martin Michek: “I feel good on this track; I like it with fast corners and with these jumps. Everybody is fast here with little differences in timing. I hope to have a nice weekend here -it’s great to see a full grid for tomorrow: more riders, more noise and a big show!” MX3 qualifying group-A top-ten: 1. Julien Bill (SUI, Honda), 1:48.022; 2. Michael Staufer (AUT, KTM), +0:01.650; 3. Martin Michek (CZE, KTM), +0:01.808; 4. Tomas Simko (SVK, KTM), +0:02.181; 5. Martin Zerava (CZE, Honda), +0:02.322; 6. Jan Brabec (CZE, Kawasaki), +0:03.844; 7. Petr Michalec (CZE, Honda), +0:04.057; 8. Petr Bartos (CZE, KTM), +0:04.097; 9. Marko Kovalainen (FIN, Yamaha), +0:04.282; 10. Nikolay Kumanov (BUL, Yamaha), +0:04.367; MX3 qualifying group-B top-ten: 1. Milko Potisek (FRA, Honda), 1:48.738; 2. Antti Pyrhonen (FIN, Honda), +0:01.389; 3. Saso Kragelj (SLO, Yamaha), +0:02.597; 4. Marco Maddii (ITA, KTM), +0:02.756; 5. Joel Doeksen (NZL, KTM), +0:02.857; 6. Mykola Pashchynskyi (UKR, KTM), +0:03.201; 7. Pierrick Roncin (FRA, Kawasaki), +0:03.318; 8. Marco Schogler (AUT, KTM), +0:03.910; 9. Martin Kohut (SVK, KTM), +0:04.079; 10. Adrian Gago (ESP, Honda), +0:04.155;
F�d�ration Internationale de Motocyclisme : News EN

Christophe Pourcel Sebastien Pourcel Wyman Priddy Alessandro Puzar Gaston Rahier

No comments:

Post a Comment