Monday, June 20, 2011

Knockhill BSB: ?Problems solved? for Kiyonari

19/06/2011
Kiyonari was happier with his bike balance

By BSB desk
Image by Double Red

Reigning British Superbike Champion Ryuichi Kiyonari reckons that altering the balance of his HM Plant Honda has solved the problems that have beset him in the past two rounds and enabled him to grab fourth in race two at Knockhill today.

The Japanese star has struggled for most of the season with various issues but a change to the rear suspension after switching to a new compound tyre gave Kiyonari the confidence he required to pass.

“The weather changing so much was a problem and in the dry of the first race I struggled with the slick tyre which I was using for the first time here. I had a problem with grip, but the team changed the rear settings for the second race and the bike was much improved,” said Kiyo.

“I was happy with the balance of the bike and was confident that I could make passes. I felt much happier than I had done in the previous two rounds and it seems that we have solved the problems that we have been having.”

Bike Sport News RSS Feed

Brett Metcalfe Heikki Mikkola Auguste Mingels Marty Moates Guennady Moisseev

No comments:

Post a Comment