Friday, June 10, 2011

Review of Clarins Mosaique Summer Bronzing Compact

As soon as I set eyes on the Clarins Mosaique Summer Bronzing Compact, I wanted it so badly...admittedly mostly because it looks absolutely beautiful! I first saw it on Tanya's (Pixi2woo) YouTube channel and I instantly started lusting after the bronze mosiac motif.


It's described by Clarins as an "ultra fine powder that literally melts into the skin ensuring a matte, long-lasting makeup finish. It's mineral pigments combine perfectly to deliver a natural, perfectly even tanned look. Clever soft focus pigments gives skin a radiant glow that conceals fine lines, whilst feather light oils and Vitamin E keep skin fresh and even and natural mineral filters provide UV protection. The powder is suitable for all skin types, even the driest of skins, thanks to the presence of an emollient oil and Vitamin E. Natural SPF 10 sun protection , provided by mineral filters, protects the skin from UV rays".


First off, this bronzer comes in the most stunning (and surprisingly large) amber mosaic-themed compact that reflects in the light and really echoes a summery feel. It's the type of compact you want to proudly display on your dressing table instead of burrowing it away in your collection. It has a great mirror inside, feels sturdy and would definitely withstand travel...which is a bonus as summer is the time of many holidays and getaways!


I always get a little worried with products like this which look gorgeous in the pan because at times, they fail to deliver and reach my expectations. HOWEVER, in this case, the Clarins Limited Edition bronzer was everything I wanted it to be. It's smooth and buttery to the touch and blends perfectly into the skin, leaving a really natural finish. The pink and brown toned bronze hues are just perfect because they combine together to create a very subtle glow (akin to the Dior bronzer I love!). It's also buildable so you can intensify the colour if you so wish. The oh-so-subtle hints of micro-shimmer you can see in the pan just translate to the skin as a radiant glow, rather than visible shimmer. Divine!


There isn't even a hint of an orangey tone to this sheer bronzer and it applies with no streaks or patches due to it's moisturising formula. The pigmentation is fantastic and it really does give a soft-focus finish to your skin too. This bronzer is a big hit with me and it's definitely now in my top three in my collection! I may cry when the mosaic pan finally disappears through consistent use but the product itself is just brilliant so it's a price I'm willing to pay.


It gave my skin a nice, lightly tanned radiant glow which is just the way I want my skin to look. It also has a faint fragrance which apparently is Clarins Eau Sunshine...very pleasant!
You can get this Limited Edition bronzer (20g) here for £25.99 and in my opinion, it's worth every single penny!


I was at the hairdresser today getting my hair 'did' and whilst browsing through some gossipy magazines and generally day dreaming...my eyes fell upon a display stand next to the till. There were a selection of Tangle Teezers which I haeard about on countless occasions but never bought one myself. It's one of those cult products where you start to wonder why the hell you don't have one!


Later whilst leaving, I noticed they had a travel sized Tangle Teezer for £11.99 so I just HAD to get it because:
a) I'm sick of tearing at the tugs in my hair after showering
b) It helps to prevent hair breakage, splitting and general damage to hair
c) It's pink and black and dinky...is that a valid reason?!


This little tool makes combing through wet hair SO much easier and that's gotta be worth the price tag. My hair always gets slightly more tangled after I've just had my hair coloured so this thing is a god send! I love that it's travel sized and has a plastic protective plug over the comb to keep it clean.


This comb will also be a better tool for dealing with my hair extensions when I'm washing them. Currently, when I try to detangle them, I end up pulling out some of the hair fro the extensions so the Tangle Teezer is going to be great to increase the longevity of my fake tresses!
Genius product for anyone who tussles with their long hair on a daily basis. If you fancy getting one, you can find them on amazon here.

In other news, I just recently stumbled across the Dorothy Perkins website and I was surprised to see so many lovely things...namely these pretty little finds...


Coral Colourblock Shift Dress £28


Cream Butterfly Print Dress £26


Coral Crochet Trim Dress £23


Orange Obi Vest Dress £20

I'm ashamed to say that I first saw this dress in a magazine on Sam Faiers from The Only Way Is Essex and loved it so much, I hunted it down! I've just ordered it from Dorothy Perkins and it was on sale for the bargainous price of £20!!!  Can't wait to get it because I love the colour coral and it will be perfect for my holiday in August.  I love the little twisted belt with gold running through it!

No comments:

Post a Comment