Monday, June 13, 2011

Misano WSB: Rea confirms broken arm, hopes for Brno return

12/06/2011
Rea in his garage before warm-up in Misano today

By David Miller
Image by Paul Sturman

Castrol Honda’s Jonathan Rea has confirmed he broke his right forearm and left collarbone in a morning warm-up crash at Misano’s World Sueperbike round this morning but hopes to make a return at the Brno round in a month’s time.

Rea was flicked off his Fireblade going through turn 11 at around 145mph and he was quickly taken to the Ospedale Bufalini in Cesena where the fracture to his right radius and left clavicle were confirmed.

“Well, the weekend just went from bad to worse really ? I had a crash yesterday which needed some stitches in my arm and then a 230kph crash this morning at one of the fastest corners on the calendar. Of course, I?m frustrated and I have some injuries that I want to take time to heal properly,” said Rea.

“We?ll have to miss Aragon next week, unfortunately, but Brno is a month off and the doctors tell me that the break in my arm would normally keep someone off work for three weeks. I?ll try to come back for Brno at 100% as it?s a circuit that suits me and the bike.

“I got my first world championship win there and we went one-two last year. Thanks to everyone for all the messages of support, it really means a lot and I?m sure it?ll speed up the recovery.”

Bike Sport News RSS Feed

Dusty Klatt Arne Kring Brad Lackey Arthur Lampkin Steve Lamson

No comments:

Post a Comment