Sunday, June 12, 2011

Misano WSB: ?Optimistic? polesitter Sykes looking for top six

11/06/2011
Sykes was flying in the wet and hopes for more tomorrow

By David Miller
Image by Paul Sturman

PBM Kawasaki’s Tom Sykes took his second ever World Superbike pole position today at Misano on a soaking wet track but proved he had consistent pace with top three lap times in each Superpole session.

The Huddersfield man has struggled top get a good dry setup all weekend but was pleased when the heavens opened as his electronics mastered the conditions perfectly, enabling him to take to spot.

?That just makes it a little bit sweeter for me, having struggled to get a good dry set-up at some points this weekend. I took this pole in exactly the same conditions as last year at Imola. I want to give massive credit to Kawasaki Racing and Paul Bird Motorsport, because in those conditions we have a strong electronics package and that helped us today,” said Sykes.

“Conditions we so slippery and we found the maximum. Tomorrow is another day but I am optimistic. I want to get a good start and go as fast as I can for 24 laps. I want to have a top six again, like in America, and today?s Superpole win was just a kind of added extra.?

Bike Sport News RSS Feed

Billy Liles Ove Lundell Sten Lundin Jeremy Lusk Billy MacKenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment