Friday, June 3, 2011

Makeup Crush: Rosie Huntington-Whiteley & Maxi Dress Lust


The weather in Aberdeen over the past couple of days has been incredible!  It has been 25oC and blistering sunshine...when you're walking around in it, it kind of feels like you're in a foreign country!  The only down side is that when I go to the gym, it's hotter in there than the surface of the sun! It's at times like these I wish I was a runner.

When summer comes around, the makeup looks I am drawn to changes slightly to more natural looks with glowing, bronzed skin, minimal eye makeup and natural lips.  I love the simplicity of the makeup on Victoria's Secret model, Rosie Huntington -Whiteley on the cover of this month's UK ELLE magazine...


Her skin looks radiantly golden but not overly bronzed, the eyebrows are reasonably thick and lightly groomed and there has been alot of contouring and highlighting in all the right places.


In my mind, this is the perfect summer makeup look for my holiday...just slap on a hydrating coral lipstick for night time glamour and you're good to go!



What do you think of Rosie's look here?

I have been thinking about what I need clothes-wise for my holiday and it dawned on me that many people site maxi dresses as their summer staple but I have never owned one!  I love the way they look laid back but paired with some accessories, you still look stylish.  Now that I have lost the excess weight, I feel confident enough to slink into one without any lumps or bumps showing.  The only problem is deciding which ones to buy!

I really like this one from coral and pale blue one from Roxy for £65, the colours appeal to me and I feel like they would look good with a tan...


Another one that caught my eye recently was this taupe one from Next (£35) with beaded detailing...



OR there's this patterned one I spotted today in Dorothy Perkins (Uttam) for £35.  It looks like it would give a nice shape to my figure.


Have you got any recommendations for where to find gorgeous maxi dresses? What is your summer/holiday staple piece of clothing?

No comments:

Post a Comment