Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Holiday Dress, some Jewellery bits, Clarins & Estee Lauder

I think I might have an extreme obsession with the TopShop lipstick in Ohh La La.  It's all I want to wear at the moment.  I wore it on Saturday night (excuse the blurry pic) and since it's rare for me to find a shade that suits my hair colour and skintone this well, I'm going to have to buy loads of back ups! Oh yeah and I'm still in love with OPI Cajun Shrimp so I'm constantly wearing that too.  I stand by my statement that it's THE summer colour for nails for 2011.  Unfortunately that's not a soft drink in my hand and unfortunately I paid the price for all those cocktails on Sunday morning! Ouch.


My Dorothy Perkins Coral Dress arrived today! And it's gorgeous and so perfect for my holiday.  It's lightweight, the colour is amazing and best of all it's flattering on my figure.  I still can't believe it was only £20 in the sale.  I'm definitely going to go back to the website for more and see if I can get the butterfly dress and the colour block one I posted about here.



The braided belt with gold detailing defines your waist in a really relaxed way but brings more shape to the dress.  The dress is more on the orange side of the coral scale (like in the first pic) but it seems to photograph differently every time you point a camera at it!


I also picked up three pieces of jewellery from the DP site, starting with this Cream Tusk Shaped Pendant for only £3.00!  It's made out of plastic obviously but who's to know but us!  It will look great teamed with the coral dress.


Next up, I spotted this crazy silver Urchin ring for £6.50...it's like a knuckle-duster! It will take a bit of getting used to because I don't normally wear massive rings but I do really like the fact that it's unique-looking.


Lastly, I got this Cream Leaf Wrap Ring for £7.50.  I have never worn this wrap around style before and I like that it's quite delicate and pretty.  Perfect for summer!


Just finished watching the latest episode of Made In Chelsea and I LOVED the strapless warm marigold yellow dress that Caggie was wearing in Cannes.  I don't own anything in that colour and I'm not usually a lover of yellow but that shade looked amazing against her golden skin and blonde hair! I may have to do some investigative work and find out where that dress is from (fingers crossed it's not designer!).


I go mad for lip balms in summer and these Clarins Colour Quench Lip Balms are the perfect answer for daytime subtly shimmery, sheer, juicy lips in the most gorgeous shades!


L-R:  Rose Nectar (02), Papaya Pulp (06), Raspberry Smoothie (04), Strawberry Sorbet (07).

Even the shade names are enough to make your mouth water!  They have a very slight cherry scent and flavour and even though I normally hate the smell or taste of cherries, I really don't mind it in these lip balms.


They give a really glossy finish that looks fresh and summery and there's no stickiness which is something that's imperative when I'm looking for a summer lip balm.  These balms contain loads of nourishing, repairing and protective ingredients that will keep your lips in good condition whilst you wear them. 


L-R: Rose Nectar, Papaya Pulp, Raspberry Smoothie, Strawberry Sorbet.

These lip balms come in 8 shades altogether and they are £15 each for a 15ml tube which will last a long time.  These will definitely be close to hand this summer for touch ups because I much prefer the lightweight texture and sheer look for daytime.

I had this product on my lust list as soon as I heard about it and it's the Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator.  This serum is designed to reduce blotchiness, blemish marks, dark spots and discolourations whilst improving the general radiance of your skin.  I'm perpetually trying to improve and maintain the general condition of my skin.


I know it's neither here nor there but...I love the reflective bottle!
I will be using this serum over the next few weeks every morning and night before my moisturiser.  I will, of course, report back to you guys with regards to it's performance and give my honest thoughts on whether I feel it has made a difference to my skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment