Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Winter Skin Savers!

I don’t know about you guys but come winter time, my skin quickly starts to show signs of dryness, especially on my hands, elbows and knees. We just got our first bit of snow today in Aberdeen and we’re set to get heavy snow tomorrow and Friday…the joys!
Since it’s the time of year for lots of parties and events, everyone wants to have soft, silky and glowing skin…including moi! I am more prone to dry skin due to having mild Psoriasis so I really have to keep on top of it. I always find that it can be really time consuming trying to exfoliate more regularly and applying moisturiser after every shower. Maybe I’m a bit lazy but I welcome any products that can make things easier for me.


Recently I have been using Origins Incredible Spreadable Scrub twice a week as an intense shot of moisture for my body. It’s made with white and brown sugars to exfoliate and also sea salt to brighten skin tone. It contains Olive Oil to deeply moisturise and condition your skin and smells absolutely divine…a really nice blend of Ginger and Lemon. It smells really invigorating to me and the scent lingers after using it. My bathroom smells lovely for hours afterwards!

You only need a really small amount of the scrub for your whole body. I like to dampen my body with warm water first, then step away from the water and apply the scrub to my body. I’ve found that if you mix the scrub with too much water then the sugars and salt dissolve too quickly to exfoliate your skin properly. When you rinse the scrub off, you will notice the thin layer of oil on your skin because the water collects in small pools. After my shower, I just pat my body dry to avoid rubbing off too much of the oils. Straight away, you will notice how soft and supple your skin feels.

It’s such an indulgent product that I find I only have to use it a couple of times a week to keep my skin completely hydrated. On every other day I use something like Nivea Shower Oil with exfoliating gloves to lightly buff my skin. My skin feels amazing now and I know it’s completely down to the Origins Scrub because it means I don’t have to faff around as much as before. It’s not cheap but because you only need to use it sparingly, you can make it last quite a while. If you really want to pamper yourself and feel great, then this is definitely a scrub for you. Even the smell alone is delicious. It’s a great product to use when you have the place to yourself and you can settle down to a bath, candles and some nice relaxing music…ahhhh! It’s one of the simple pleasures in life!


Naturally, a great companion to the scrub is the Origins Ginger Souffle Whipped Body Cream. This moisturiser helps to double up the hydration stakes and I was really impressed at how little you need to cover your whole body! This rich moisturiser is surprisingly light on the skin and I didn’t feel any kind of heavy, oily residue afterwards, it just sinks in beautifully. It contains Olive, Grape Seed, Rice Bran and Apricot Kernel Oils to deeply nourish your skin. The moisturiser smells as amazing as the scrub, really tangy but with a warmth to it. I like to apply this moisturiser whilst my skin is still damp to make sure I’m locking in all the benefits of the scrub. If you use these two products before bed, you will wake up in the morning with incredibly soft, smooth skin…I am completely hooked on this!
When you pamper yourself with products like these, it makes you feel special and it’s comforting and I think that’s what beauty products are all about. I even noticed that my fake tan applied a couple of days before looked revived. My skin had definitely brightened up and because of that, my tan looked so much better. Obviously you couldn’t use these products just BEFORE applying self tan because the oils in the products would prevent the self tanner from adhering to your skin properly. But they are great for maintaining moisture in your skin afterwards.

If you’re stuck for a present for a friend or your mum or something then these would be an amazing gift for anyone who like to indulge in some ‘me’ time.

No comments:

Post a Comment