Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Dior Lip Products For A Natural Defined Look

There's something about Dior lip products that gets me all excited, especially the Diorific High Fashion Lipsticks.  I mean, this could have something to do with the super luxe, glamourous packaging...
But mostly, it's to do with the great formula that feels so comfortable on my lips.  Alot of lipsticks can be drying, which can be exacerbated by the cold weather of these winter months.  Believe me, my By Terry Rose De Baume and Korres Guava Lip Butter have been my best friends of late to ensure my mouth doesn't become parched and flaky...not a good look!  I have been slathering these on like there's no tomorrow!

The Diorific High Fashion Lipstick in Soft Rap Tan is a slightly darker nude than the ones I normally wear such as Estee Lauder's Pure Color Lipstick in Vanilla Truffle.  However, sometimes I feel like wearing a slightly darker nude as it works better with eyeshadow shades that would normally wash you out if worn with a pale lip.

The Diorific High Fashion Lipstick shades have some amazing vivid, bold colours like Roulette Red or Dolce Vita Red that would be gorgeous used as part of the Pin Up look in my previous post.  This lipstick is very long lasting too, it was a good 6 hours before I had to re-apply, which is a good performance in my opinion.


I have owned a couple of Dior Addict glosses in my time and they have to be up there with the best lip glosses I have ever tried.  First off, the packaging is gorgeous AND practical with a high quality brush applicator that doesn't splay out over time.  The formulation of this Dior Addict Ultra Gloss is just divine and has been created with "the Spotlight Shine complex, a blend of glass microbeads coated in a crystalline elixir".  This lipgloss is apparently designed to be ultra shiny and impart a volumising effect to lips.  The shade shown above, Satin Peach, is just gorgeous and right up my street...a soft peachy pink with shimmer so tiny, it's not visible on the lips.  I love these kind of glosses for the daytime because you don't want chunky glitter or anything too 'holographic' when you're trying to look effortlessly natural!  You can see from the example pic below that there isn't even a hint of glitter...


This gloss feels like heaven once applied because there's no grittiness, no sticky feeling and no residue that lies in the area where your lips meet.  No one wants that scum build up on their lips! The formulation is also really light so you don't even feel like you're wearing a gloss, it feels more like a liquid balm.  It didn't dry out my lips and I only have good things to say about it!

Have you tried these lip products? Which is your favourite lipstick/gloss of the moment?

And just for fun, here's a pic of my mum and dad's two Golden Retrievers, Hamish & Findlay.  I just got back from a few days at home and although they stay at my parent's place, I still think of them as my dogs as well, since I lived with them as they were growing up.  They are both so well behaved but they can both be lunatics sometimes!


They are brothers so they are happiest when they're together and they often sleep like this! So cute!  I can't imagine a life without dogs...I can't wait until me and Chris can get a couple of dogs of our own!

No comments:

Post a Comment