Tuesday, November 23, 2010

H&M and New Look Haul

Me, my mum and my new mother in law, Madeleine went shopping on Friday and if there are any two people that are great at helping me spend money, it's those two ladies!...not that I need a huge amount of encouragement.  I'm really getting into New Look at the moment because they always seem to have pieces that appeal to me.  It's a great place to find trends that you know may not last a long time but it doesn't matter because everything is so affordable.

The first thing that caught my eye was situated right at the front of the store when I walked in.  It's a navy blue, military inspired jacket with so many lovely details.  This jacket only costs £39.99!

It looks so much more expensive than that because it has these lovely intricate, gold effect buttons.  The tailored fit is fantastic and it has a really slimming effect because it tapers in at the waist.  I was really impressed by the cut of the jacket and the heavy quality of the material, it's almost like really thick felt.  I wore it in Edinburgh at the weekend where it was REALLY rainy all day and despite the wind and rain, my jacket didn't get too damp.
I love the zip pocket detail on the front of the jacket, it's yet another aspect that makes this jacket seem more like one from French Connection than New Look.


The jacket also has a really nice gold patterned lining...


I love the epaulette details on the shoulders which adds to the military feel...


And finally, they went to town on the buttons on the back of the sleeves...


I can tell I will be wearing this jacket non-stop during winter because it's a great alternative to all the long coats around at the moment.  It's cosy warm and really practical...what more could I ask for???

I wouldn't have thought that the 70's inspired check shirts around at the moment would suit my style.  However, I really took to this one and plan to wear it with skirts and thick tights or with skinny jeans/jeggings and my new coat!


The shirt is made from a really soft, cosy flannelette material and has pearlised popper buttons...


It has a nice shape to it and tapers in at the waist to hug your figure.  I'm loving the three quarter length sleeves too and it was only £14.99!


Next up, I spotted this nude coloured chiffon blouse...


It has delicate three button detail at the bust, three quarter length sleeves and comes to about the mid thigh area. 


It has ties that originate at the neckline so you can either wear it open or with a pussy bow at the neck.


I love the gorgeous beaded pattern on the blouse and it's another item that seems alot more expensive than it actually was...£24.99.  It has ties at the back so you can gather it at the waist for a more flattering fit.


I have been after a stripey top for a while now but it was just a case of finding the right kind.  I wanted a bold stripe and something that could be casual or dressed up.  I found this grey toned top for £14.99 in New Look...


It has very slight batwing sleeves which give it a nice edge and it comes just down to the top of my hips which is a nice length.  It will look great with a black blazer, accessorised with some quirky jewellery.


Next up, we trotted over to H&M to check out what they had to offer.  They had set up a nice display at the door and of course my eyes immediately darted to an embellished nude-coloured clutch bag...


I immediately exclaimed "oooh, I don't have a nude coloured bag at the moment" so naturally I had to get it! It was only £14.99 but it's faux leather so that's to be expected.  I adore the embellishment on the front!


I will be using the bag as a clutch but it also has a strap concealed inside in case you prefer to wear it as a shoulder bag or across the body.


Lastly, the colour of this dress completely blew me away...it's an intense raspberry red/pink that's ALMOST neon.  It's the kind of dress that can really be dressed up or down.


It has pretty detail on the front with the pockets and zips and the elasticated waist nips you in to create a nice silouhette.  I feel like you need a belt at the waist to add more detail though and the bow one I own is perfect. 


The dress is a great length...a couple of inches about the knee (depending on your height of course).  The other thing I love about this dress is the cap sleeves that are held up by a tab and button.  This draws the sleeve up slightly in the middle and creates a v-shape so it makes your upper arms look slimmer...bonus!


I just wanted to quickly let you guys know about a competition being run by Beverly Hills Formula on Facebook. All you have to do is upload a photo of you or a friend showing their gleaming white smile (whether it's fake or not) to be in with a chance of winning £250 of Top Shop vouchers. You and a friend could be living it up, VIP style on a shopping spree around Topshop Oxford Circus. You would get your own private dressing room and a personal stylist who will advise you on the best looks for you. They are also treating the winners to tea and cakes to make sure you have the energy to keep shopping! Finally, the winners will also receive a whole years supply of Beverly Hills Formula Toothpaste.


To enter the competition visit www.facebook.com/beverlyhillsformula.

The competition closing date is 3rd December 2010. Good luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment