Sunday, November 14, 2010

Khaki Green For The Eyes?

I'm not normally one for khaki greens on the eyes and generally favour turqouise shades but after a bit of experimentation, I'm definitely coming around to it! 


I wore Rouge Bunny Rouge Long Lasting e/s in Periwinkle Cardinal all over the lid with Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow in Safari Green Shimmer acting as a contour shade.  To create the flicked look, I used Pop Cat Eyes liner in Black Olive.  The Pop liner is an angled crayon liner that you screw up to use so no need for constant sharpening.  The angled tip actually makes it easier to create the flicked look.  You can tilt the liner tip sideways to achieve a thinner line and use the flat end of the liner for a thicker line.  The liner has good pigmentation, not the BEST I ever come across, but it's still good for the £10.00 price tag.  It comes in three different colours, Black Onyx - black, Black Dahlia - dark purple and this khaki shade.  I think they should develop some more shades including brown, bronze, navy blue and perhaps even a dark grey.  All in all, I found this liner really easy and practical to use and I really like the colour.


The Estee Lauder Pure Color e/s in Safari Green Shimmer used to add depth to the look above really impressed me because I half expected the colour to be way too intense for me.  However, because of the iridescent and fine shimmer, it actually created a really soft contour to my eye that wasn't at all overpowering.  I guess it's a safer way to wear green if you aren't used to it and it looks really apt for these autumn/winter months.


I like the texture of this eyeshadow because it goes on smooth, it's easy to blend and the shimmer is finely milled so there's no chance of fallout or chunky glitter making an appearance.  I found that by using my Mac 217, it was easy to lightly blend it into my socket line and get rid of any harsh edges.

So I think I am now a convert to this lesser used shade of green!

What about you guys? Are there any shades you're scared to wear on your eyes? Do you have any recommendations for great green eyeshadows?

No comments:

Post a Comment