Thursday, November 11, 2010

Dior Addict Lip Maximizer

I'm pretty happy with my lips in general but I'm always curious about lip plumping glosses because it would be nice to have just that little extra oomph sometimes.  I have tried a few over the past year or so including the ones by Urban Decay, Bare Escentuals and DuWop, all of which have felt a bit uncomfortable for me.  I know that sometimes they put extract of chilli in the products which just seems to be a bit much for my lips to take!


The Dior website describes this lipgloss as having "a revolutionary lip care system that boosts volume instantly and restructures in the long term, thanks to a unique blend of hyaluronic and marine-based fillers that smooth, moisturize and leave lips irresistibly plump. Apply on it’s own or under lipstick or gloss, morning and night as a 15-day intensive treatment. Its fresh mint-vanilla scent makes it even more addictive"


The texture of this gloss is great as with the other Dior Addict glosses I own.  It isn't sticky or tacky so it feels lovely and smooth when you apply it.  You definitely feel a minty, tingly sensation about 10 seconds after you apply it.  It smells good which is unusual for a lip plumping product because they normally smell incredibly sickly and sweet.  I love the colour which is a pale milky pink with the slightest hint of shimmer, but it applies quite sheer to the lips so you get this super volumising effect with a natural look.  As for the actual plumping effect of the gloss? Well, it definitely increased the volume of my lips a little bit but it didn't make them overly swollen or irritated.  This isn't going to give you Angelina Jolie's pout, but it will slightly improve what you have naturally.


The plumping effect lasted for a good 2 hours after I applied it, but obviously you would be re-applying this product as you would any other lip gloss.  This gloss feels moisturising so it won't make your lips dry and flaky in the winter months.  As for the product re-defining your lip line and helping to plump your lips even when you're not wearing it after a 15 day period? I have been using this for around a week and I've noticed that my lips are slightly plumper so I agree with that statetment but if you are looking for a really dramatic change, then this may not be for you.  It's subtle so I don't think anyone else would notice except for you.


I think a huge plus point for this gloss is that it doesn't burn or irritate my lips like some other lip plumpers have before.  I am not willing to go through that much discomfort JUST to have slightly more volumised lips.  No thank you!  I really like the formulation of this gloss and it's a fantastic multi-tasker for your every day makeup...moisturising, plumping and a lovely colour.

Have you tried this product?

No comments:

Post a Comment