Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Piece of Me...

I thought it would be really nice to start a tag where you can reveal a part of who you really are, a piece of your soul, if you like. Now this could be anything creative...maybe you like to make jewellery, maybe you design clothes or make them or maybe you like interior design. I think anyone who is interested in makeup has a creative side. Personally, I have a real passion for drawing and painting. I am totally at peace when I get the chance to draw which isn't often. I am really interested in Chinese and Japanese art and I love the techniques and style they have. I prefer to draw animals, I can't really explain why, I just do and I especially love drawing big cats like Tigers and Leopards.

So for this tag, I am going to show you a couple of my pencil drawings and I hope you like them.
This first one is the only one of my drawings that is on display in my flat. It's a tiger jumping down a hill and it's probably my favourite pencil drawing I've ever done. I really tried to give it lots of movement by making it very sketchy and not joining every line. This is something which is really important if you want to draw in the style of old chinese and japanese art. Here's a close up of the face...The next one is just a sketch I did in my notepad that I sometimes carry with me. I was watching a wildlife show on Leopards and they looked so beautiful, I just wanted to draw one.
I hope you enjoyed seeing a bit more of what I'm all about outside of my love for makeup. Don't forget to link me to your post if you do one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment