Saturday, December 5, 2009

ELF Haul

After seeing Holly's ,(The Yummy Mummy's Beauty Blog) vid on YouTube about some products she picked up from ELF recently, I couldn't help but do a little haul of my own. I mean, at £3.50 a piece, it'd be rude not to, wouldn't it!
The first thing on my list to have a look at was the Blush and Bronzer Compact which is a brilliant dupe of Nars Orgasm/Laguna Compact. Both pans have a slight shimmer to them but they transfer to the skin without looking glittery or too shimmery. The blush is a flattering peachy shade and the bronzer goes on smoothly without streaking or going patchy. They are really good quality considering the price tag!
The next item on my list was the much talked about Eye Transformer Palette. The ELF website says "Convert your shadows into brand new shades with these four opalescent shadows. Wear alone, under, over or in combination with your other makeup. The opal tones transform your dark color into a new shimmering hue".
As you can see from the swatches below, all four shades are pastel and iridescent. They are finely milled and give SUCH a pretty effect on the skin! I can see how they could transform any existing eyeshadows you already own into something really gorgeous. I can't wait to experiment!
Holly had also been raving about one of the mineral lipstick called Natural Nymph so me being a nude lip fan, I couldn't resist the temptation to add another one to my collection! While I was checking it out, I picked up another shade, Runway Pink which is a really wearable shade with a bit more warmth.
L-R: Natural Nymph Mineral Lipstick and Runway Pink Mineral Lipstick
These are also fantastic quality and they rival some of the higher end lipsticks I own! They are a really nice consistency and don't feel like they will dry your lips. These two shades are so easy to wear and really flattering. Natural Nymph has to be one of the prettiest nudes in my collection.
Since I LOVE my ELF mineral eyeshadow in Natural (I repeat, LOVE!), I wanted to pick up another shade and this time I got 'Girly' which is a pale lilac colour with a bit of gorgeous shimmer. These mineral eyeshadows are just divine, they are so finely milled and great quality, I can see myself picking up more in the future. Here's a swatch of 'Girly':
I much prefer the newer shades that are available and if you haven't already got 'Natural' then you need to get it. I wear it most days...it's an HG every day colour! Here's what it looks like (courtesy of the ELF website):
I also decided to pick up a lip liner and I wanted something very natural and subtle (I hate seeing lip liners that are too dark and really stand out from your lipstick). I picked up the Featherproof Moisturising Lip Liner in Natural Blush...
The lipliner doesn't drag on the skin or feel dry. It's the perfect shade to line your lips when you want a nude or pink lipstick. Here's a swatch of the product:
I am really happy with everything I got and I have to say a huge thank you to Holly for showcasing the products to start with. It's great to get a heads up on what is worth buying and what you have to pass on. I hope the swatches help anyone who has been thinking of buying anything from the ELF website! Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment