Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Graphic Eyes: Scary or Futuristic Fab?

Although I'm not normally one for heavy eye makeup, I'm loving the graphic eye looks that are around at the moment. Leona Lewis has been sporting this look ever since her appearance on X Factor and Beyonce has a similar look in her new video for 'Videophone' with Lady GaGa. I was reading Look magazine and Leona's makeup artist, Jane Bradley has said that she used Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadow in Black Pearl to create the look below, then a gunmetal grey powder shadow ovet the top of that to set it. I think it would work best with something that has a slight metallic finish to it.

I am so tempted to try this look and possibly tone it down for my own colouring by using a navy blue shade instead of pure black which could be too harsh on me. I must admit the precise and dramatic look scares me a little since you have to get the lines so perfect. I just think that it has such a glamourous look to it and you could even use bronze tones depending on your mood or even make the shape finer so it doesn't go so far over your socketline. Obviously the rest of your makeup would have to remain pretty neutral and not too 'shiny' to make sure all the emphasis was on your peepers! I would only ever wear this as a night-time look...I wouldn't fancy popping to the shops with this look!

Nic from Pixiwoo also did a tutorial inspired by this look http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iS5ilXEIqM.

So what do you guys reckon, are you loving this look or do you think it's a bit much?

No comments:

Post a Comment