Tuesday, December 15, 2009

FOTD using some new products

I've been struggling to keep my body from falling apart in the past week since I caught this stupid cold...I now have a chet infection so let's just say I'm not exactly feeling on top of the world! Now the weird thing is that 'normal' girls probably wouldn't have the energy or inclination to apply makeup if they're feeling crappy, HOWEVER, I find that putting on my makeup when I'm ill makes me feel just a little bit better. Probably because it makes me look half human again! Am I the only one that does that???I decide to use some brightening products to perk me up a bit...

Face: Estee Lauder Illuminating Base Primer, Korres Wild Rose Foundation (this seems to photograph REALLY well), Bobbi Brown Colour Corrector in Light to Medium Bisque, Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit in Cool Sand, MUFE Concealer Palette for blemishes (of which there are alot at the moment!), Korres Wild Rose Powder, Lancome Star Bronzer in no.2 lightly all over face, Giorgio Armani Sheer Bronzer to contour, MAC MSF in Soft & Gentle (on cheekbones), Jemma Kidd Creme Blush in Paw Paw.
Eyes: Benefit Brows A Go-Go Palette, Benefit Creaseless Cream eyeshadow in RSVP (as a base), Front Cover Eye Spy Palette (Powder Puff all over lid, Burnt Toast on outer corner and in crease, Vanilla Ice in inner corners and on browbone), Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in Bronze Shimmer (along top lashline), MAC Woodwinked e/s to soften eyeliner, Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara.Lips: YSL Lip Liner in no.17, Estee Lauder Pure Colour Lipstick in Vanilla Truffle, YSL Golden Gloss in no.1. I just wanted to give you a quick run down of the new products I used and what I thought of them so here goes...
YSL Golden Gloss - I love these glosses and this one looks especially festive! They really glam up your lipstick and even look amazing in the tube. The brush applicator is really good quality and just firm enough not to splay out everywhere. They are a great consistency and last alot longer than most glosses.
YSL Lip Liner in no.17 - I must say that I was quicte surprised by how dry this liner was, given that it's YSL. It doesn't go on very smoothly and you have to work in a bit to get the colour to show. I do like the subtle shade though and it's a great match for my lips. I hate it when you can see really obvious lip liner/when it's too dark.
Lancome Star Bronzer Compact in No.2 - I used to have this bronzer in the lighter shade and it was always one of my favourites so this isn't a completely new product for me, however, it deserves a mention because it's so fantastic! I LOVE this bronzer, it has a special place in my heart because it's moisturising, never goes patchy or streaks, can be used lightly all over or just for contouring. I love the packaging and you get a decent amount of product for your money. It has slight shimmer but isn't over the top and it gives such a pretty glow. This bronzer has HG status in my opinion.
Bobbi Brown Colour Corrector - I always suffer from dark circles under my eyes and this week they have been really bad since I have only been getting about 2 or 3 hours of sleep a night. This salmon pink toned product is designed to be applied before concealer to mask any blue/purple shades lurking under your peepers.
I applied a very thin layer and I would suggest that you only use a tiny amount as a little goes a long way. You don't want to overdo it as you have to layer the concealer over the top. I just used my fingers so warm the product and seamlessly blend it in. As you can see from the pics, it masked my dark circles really well and it didn't cake or settle into fine lines by the end of the day. I really like the consistency as it's thick enough to cover dark shades but not too 'cakey thick' where it looks obvious on the delicate skin around the eye. This product is fantastic if you suffer from the same problem.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will get over this chest infection sooner rather than later. I want to get on enjoying the festive season!

No comments:

Post a Comment