Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Review of Prestige My Biggest Lashes Mascara

Although I love high end mascaras like YSL Singulier or YSL Faux Cils, I'm also a fan of quite a few drugstore/pharmacy brands as well such as Maxfactor Calorie 2000 or Loreal Double Extension.  Who isn't up for a cheaper mascara that does what it says on the tin?  Don't be fooled into thinking that you always have to spend a wad of cash to get results.

I recently tried Prestige My Biggest Lashes Mascara in Very Black and I was really surprised at how much I liked it considering it's only £6.49!


Let's look at the packaging...bright pink and black...gets my vote! Next up is the name.  It says everything it needs to really and promises to deliver your "thickest, longest, biggest lashes ever!".  Like the sound of that? Er, yes! I'm always looking out for new ways to make the most of my lashes since I am quite possibly the most useless person at putting on false lashes.  Some people just can't drive, just can't swim or just can't whistle with their fingers in their mouth...well, I can't put on falsies!  I end up getting so annoyed, I end up ripping them off and starting my eye makeup again.  


The wand is what you would expect of a mascara promising superb volume.  It's rather large with a tapered tip to grab the smaller lashes.   The mascara is said to be anti-clump, anti-flake and anti-smudge and I can confirm that they are absolutely correct on all three.  This mascara feels very high quality to me which is seldom the case with mascaras that cost less than £7.00!


I was really pleased with this mascara because it gave me really healthy looking lashes for the daytime without making them look clumpy or too heavy.  I don't my mascaras to be too full on in the harsh light of day because I'm chanelling a look that should say "I didn't spend 20 mins applying makeup, I just look like this naturally"...ha ha...yeah right!  I always laugh when guys ASK if you're wearing makeup...I mean, generally, women can tell at 10 paces whether someone is wearing makeup but guys are just clueless.  It's like when I used to work for a bank, one of my colleagues asked if I was from Scandanavian decent given that I had blonde hair, blue eyes and slightly tanned skin...I don't think he had ever heard of highlights or fake tan!  Bless him!


Anyways, I digress...back to the review! I really like this mascara because it gave my lashes lots of volume and length with two coats, it didn't clump, it stayed put all day and it was really easy to take off at night.  It's ideal for anyone who likes their lashes to have volume but also good separation between individual lashes too.  It's great if you're looking for an affordable mascara that will deliver great results akin to the higher end products.

On a different subject...you know my posts by now and they're NEVER just about one thing! I always loved this dress that Lauren Conrad wore a while back...


I found an almost exact copy of this dress on the Rise Fashion website for £35.00 so I ordered it today...



I am curious to see what the quality of the fabric will be like for that price so I will post on it when it arrives.  I will also let you know what the customer service/delivery time is like.  It's always handy to get a heads up on these things when you are unfamiliar with a company.

I would like to share another Ellie Goulding gem with you guys but this time it's her chilled out version of Rihanna's 'Only Girl In The World' that she performed for the Radio 1 Live Lounge.  I love the Live Lounge performances, especially when artists/bands cover a well known, current song.  Sometimes, it can surprise you how well a song can work when it's in a different genre. 


I remember when Travis did a cover of Britney's 'Hit Me Baby One More Time'...genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment