Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wedding Plans...ok it's getting serious now

We have now booked a date for the wedding! it's Sunday 1st August 2010 and that means there's only 354 days to go! Loads of time to plan everything but as I like to be super organised, I have loads of lists and spreadsheets on the go!

I have tried on about 40 dresses between a shop in Aberdeen and shops in Cork, Ireland. I know I should look around more shops than that but I've already found the dress I want! As soon as I put it on I felt so special and it's so flattering (if only all my clothing could be made with corsetry!). I just knew it was "the one".

I would post a picture but my fiance might see it on my blog and we all know that's bad luck so I will post a link instead http://www.essensedesigns.com/dress.php?id=93

The wedding will be at the Lodge on Loch Lomond, which is a beautiful place right next to the water surrounded by mountains. The reception room looks out onto the loch so it's going to be amazing!

We will be doing a celtic theme since I'm Scottish and Chris is Irish so the bouquets and table arrangements will be cream roses, thistles and lots of lovely greenery (pic below to show you what I mean) and there will be lots of celtic touches like a piper! Chris and the best man will be wearing kilts. He is hoping to wear his family tartan so it's even more meaningful. The seats will all be have white covers with tartan ribbon tying them at the back and we are having a ceilidh band so everyone will be doing Scottish dancing for the first couple of hours. This is always lots of fun!

I still need to work out bridesmaids dresses but I like the knee length design below, it's really chic and I love the belt detail:

I even found a cake topper that is a Scottish/Irish celtic design with two hands joining together...perfect!

I'm actually having so much fun planning this wedding, it really appeals to my creative side and I can't wait to get all the little details sorted out nearer the time. I think I'm well on top of everything but hopefully that will reduce the stress!



No comments:

Post a Comment