Thursday, August 27, 2009

5 Little Tiparoonies

Over the last couple of weeks I have come across quite a few tips from different sources and now that I use them myself, I thought I would share 5 of them with you:
  • If you want bee-stung lips but you don't want to fork out for an expensive lip plumper, you can get the same effect by applying some lipbalm/vaseline onto your lips then gently exfoliating your lips with a muslin cloth (I use my Liz Earle one) or an old toothbrush. This creates a slightly swollen effect that lasts for a few hours and it also prepares your lips for lipstick by making them super smooth. I just lightly dab concealer on my lips afterwards to neutralise the redness and apply my lippy as normal.
  • If, like me, you have deep set eyes and often get dark circles under them (not through lack of sleep, just genetics!), then this may be a good alternative to a dark smoky eye for you. By using a pale gold eyeshadow all over the lid and then a grey or pewter eyeliner, smudged along the lashline, it creates a lovely subtle smokey eye without looking too heavy. The two colours also really compliment blue eyes.
  • If you need to fill in your brows like I do, it's best to use a darker shade from the inner corner to the arch and then a lighter one for the outer parts. This makes your brows taper off nicely and looks more natural.
  • This is a really really basic tip but when I have said it to some people they kinda go "oooh I never thought of that" so I'll go ahead and just tell you. To get a really seamless natural look after applying my foundation, I ALWAYS blend the foundation from under my jawline into my neck with a scented body lotion (the same as the perfume I wear). This way, you never get tide-marks on your jawline and you smell nice as the scented body lotion helps to prolong your perfume.
  • I picked up a couple of amazing tips from Natalie a.k.a. NattyNGeorge...when she gets a breakout of spots, she uses a face mask made from crushed Aspirin tablets and a small amount of water to make a paste. She applied that and leaves for 15-20 mins and then rinses off. The before and after pics were amazing. This really does work! She also did a post on her tanning routine and that she never applies fake tan to her hands and feet. Instead she applies a gradual tanner to give a more natural look and avoid any weird tell tale fake tan patches. Genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment